You guys may think I was out of mind

hyperHunter

Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at one of my dump banks earlier today to return clad halves. I saw few tellers got together at a window (seriously) discussing about something. Few seconds later, they started to count some coins under that window. Yes, they were silver coins......could be someone's collection. From the sound, they were either Morgan/Peace dollars or silver Halves :o I knew at that moment I wasn't able to buy them. So, I pulled my favorite teller, who always help me with my dumps, and told her to make sure she got a good slice of those coins.

I know you guys may think I was out of mind to give up these coins. However, I felt good to at least let my favorite teller know she should buy some of them at face value.

Upvote 0

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can't have them might at well keep your favorite teller happy.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
In general, I've found that strategy works better in the long run, especially if you are just a silver collector. When they get a collection in, they might pick up the coins that look different (walkers, mercs, etc.) but then call and see if you want the rest (silver Kennedy halves, silver roosies, silver washington quarters, etc.)

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Beans said:
If you can't have them might at well keep your favorite teller happy.

^^^^^ And by doing something good for the teller maybe the teller might return the favor sometime too.

I got lucky myself last month when a teller saved some coins for me that someone brought in that was from a collection. I got an entire roll Unc '64 Ken's and some XF - Unc Ben's and quite a few other coins. :)

OP
OP
H

hyperHunter

Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will check with her again tomorrow, when I'm on the dump routine, how much silver coins they had this morning. I hope she got her fair share on these coins, too.

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
hyperHunter said:
I knew at that moment I wasn't able to buy them. So, I pulled my favorite teller, who always help me with my dumps, and told her to make sure she got a good slice of those coins.

I know you guys may think I was out of mind to give up these coins. However, I felt good to at least let my favorite teller know she should buy some of them at face value.

Doesn't sound to me like you gave up anything. If there was a group clatter jawing about the coins you probably didn't have much of a chance to begin with. You made the right call helping your favorite teller.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread