Is the Pit Mine really the Lost Dutchman mine?

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Should be right on the ridge between Brown Canyon and Fort Huachuca. The road from the mill site to the mine is still there but you will see the tank road better on Google Earth.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Somebody must have bought it and changed the name to Shillite. On an Old USGS it will be the Pamona. Guess with the price of gold up someone figured to try and start it back up. They will have fun with the road in. LOL

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the state assay of the Escondida, notice th e Zinc, Lead, Copper etc besides the Gold and the silver -- I cannot gett anyone interested in it as I only have about 80 acres, Can't expand at the moment. Roughly $ 2,000 a ton Easy access with powerr etc.
So yes, the metals come mixed in the veins. click on the assay to enlarge

Escondida, state geologicl report pp 1.jpg . .Escondida state assay sampling..jpg

Attachments

• .Escondida.jpg
    .Escondida.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Somebody must have bought it and changed the name to Shillite. On an Old USGS it will be the Pamona. Guess with the price of gold up someone figured to try and start it back up. They will have fun with the road in. LOL

au...its called the james mine now

SGnAZ

Aug 20, 2008
Ok I have one question about the Pit Mine and the LDM. How did the gold change to silver? LDM was gold and the Pit Mine as far as I have read was silver with small amounts of gold, if any when processed. So, where's the gold?
Delete:dontknow:

Last edited:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
200 Ounces of Gold is a lot for a cigar box under a death bed! Must have been some of those Giant exploding cigars!
Jewelry grade nuggets maybe, but, 200 ounces seems far fetched to the normal observer.

200 Oz. is not that much in volume. A 16 Oz Pepsi bottle (I drink Pepsi) would hold 19.2 Oz of powered gold dust Water weight, not Troy. 19.2 times 14.5 would be 278 Oz of gold Troy. Of course that is at 999 fine. Say maybe 1 and a half 16 Oz. Pepsi bottle max for volume for much less than the 999 fine. Now a candle box would be much bigger.

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy birthday U.S.A. Everyone have a happy 4 th of July, and PLEASE be safe tonight.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My mistake on the Pepsi bottle, 19.2 Pounds of gold, 16 Oz(1 LB) = 14 Oz Troy Gold Specific Gravity is 19.2 when 999. So 200 Oz would have fit into a cigar box, but the Candle Box sounds better to me.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Troy weight is a system of units of mass customarily used for precious metals and gemstones. There are 12 troy ounces per troy pound,[SUP][1][/SUP] (373.24 g) rather than the 16 ounces per pound (453.59 g) found in the more common avoirdupois system. The troy ounce is 480 grains, compared with the avoirdupois ounce, which is 437 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]2[/SUB] grains. Both systems use the same grain defined by the international yard and pound agreement of 1959 as exactly 0.064 798 91 gram.[SUP][2][/SUP] Although troy ounces are still used to weigh gold, silver, and gemstones, troy weight is no longer used in most other applications.
From Wiki

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the state assay of the Escondida, notice th e Zinc, Lead, Copper etc besides the Gold and the silver -- I cannot gett anyone interested in it as I only have about 80 acres, Can't expand at the moment. Roughly $ 2,000 a ton Easy access with powerr etc.
So yes, the metals come mixed in the veins. click on the assay to enlarge
:hello:
View attachment 1332155 . View attachment 1332156 [/QUOTE Amigo,:hello: can you please make the print smaller so its easier to read,:laughing7:NP:cat:

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have closer pictures? That doesn't look like real gold to me.
Sorry, those picks were taken long ago,and the only ones I have,they have been posted here on TN several different times,sorry they dony meet your standards ,good luck.NP:cat: PS.do you have picks.please show us.this is not a contest.

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Sorry, those picks were taken long ago,and the only ones I have,they have been posted here on TN several different times,sorry they dony meet your standards ,good luck.NP:cat: PS.do you have picks.please show us.this is not a contest.

NP,

Probably would have been better to not store them in the same box as the picture of the mission.:laughing7:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo, Actually they were in a box with pics of the real mnt men,and the fist real rendezvous of the supe's, but I wouldn't expect you would know anything about either subject. especially since some of the mnt men have no idea at all who you are.:laughing7::hello:NP:cat:

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh wow! I can't believe you just said that about Joe.

Btw yes I have many pics of real Gold ore. I have found it personally, I have crushed it, and processed it chemically to extract the Gold, which came out at 22 karats. I'm not trying to brag, I just want you to know that I know what is talking about. I've seen and handled a lot of Gold ore from many continents. I've also found Gold myself, in the desert. I'm not saying your ore is fake, I just said it looks fake in the pictures.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Amigo, Actually they were in a box with pics of the real mnt men,and the fist real rendezvous of the supe's, but I wouldn't expect you would know anything about either subject. especially since some of the mnt men have no idea at all who you are.:laughing7::hello:NP:cat:

NP,

Actually, no surprise, you are mistaken. I do know about Bob's parties, and knew some of the men who attended. One is actually a very good friend. When you come right down to it, no one knows who you are. That's probably wise on your part.:thumbsup:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP

Actually, no surprise, you are mistaken. I do know about Bob's parties, and knew some of the men who attended. One is actually a very good friend. When you come right down to it, no one knows who you are. That's probably wise on your part.:thumbsup:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo
I am glad that you are always thinking about the mission,,glad to see it always fresh on your mind,your actions speak a lot about you,don't be too hard on yourself,:thumbsup::hello:NP:cat:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh wow! I can't believe you just said that about Joe.

Btw yes I have many pics of real Gold ore. I have found it personally, I have crushed it, and processed it chemically to extract the Gold, which came out at 22 karats. I'm not trying to brag, I just want you to know that I know what is talking about. I've seen and handled a lot of Gold ore from many continents. I've also found Gold myself, in the desert. I'm not saying your ore is fake, I just said it looks fake in the pictures.

It's interesting how you've capitalized the metal's tag each time you've used it. Not a problem, just an observation.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo,Joe,:director: My name is Not Peralta. One last time just for you. I believe in the mission 100%, I believe in my theory 100%,And most of all it's my Opinion 100%, And for you or anyone else that believes 0% in the Mission,that's OK with me,It's not going to change my Theory or Opinion, For whatever reason you are the one that keeps bringing up the Mission.not me. are you just bored,If so get a kitten or a puppy:laughing7:NP:cat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread