Is the Pit Mine really the Lost Dutchman mine?

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC_7110 (2).JPG
Marius is this the "Church" you are talking about? This is across from the pit mine, or should I say a pit mine as I do not know if it is the same one as topic as it is not near Rogers spring, but in Rogers Canyon up high.

Joe, I hope the knowledge that your friends here feel your pain lightens your soul.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1538981
Marius is this the "Church" you are talking about? This is across from the pit mine, or should I say a pit mine as I do not know if it is the same one as topic as it is not near Rogers spring, but in Rogers Canyon up high.

Joe, I hope the knowledge that your friends here feel your pain lightens your soul.

I am sorry sailaway , but in your picture is not what I found as the roofless two room house in a cave's mouth .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I'm good, Dave's Answer was suffice, Played out Quickly,

And as for Markmar, He be in for a real treat when he puts boots on the ground.

Its not what he Thinks, It's no cake walk!

babymick1

Hahaha babymick , this was a good one . I was born in the Carpathians Mountains and my first climbs were on trees . I enjoyed to hike for hours without food or water , only to be in the wilds . I could say mother Nature is my mom , so to speak . I believe , in the hiking domain , you would look like a baby in comparison with me . Maybe an angry baby if you smoke a cigar .

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Hahaha babymick , this was a good one . I was born in the Carpathians Mountains and my first climbs were on trees . I enjoyed to hike for hours without food or water , only to be in the wilds . I could say mother Nature is my mom , so to speak . I believe , in the hiking domain , you would look like a baby in comparison with me . Maybe an angry baby if you smoke a cigar .

I would assume your Romanian then, Marius
You live in a place full of old world history and treasures abound at your door step, I'd love to be there with a metal detector.

But I'm not a angry baby, but yet I do enjoy the camels and a cigar Clinton style now and then,

AngryBabyMick1

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would assume your Romanian then, Marius
You live in a place full of old world history and treasures abound at your door step, I'd love to be there with a metal detector.

But I'm not a angry baby, but yet I do enjoy the camels and a cigar Clinton style now and then,

AngryBabyMick1

I am half Romanian ( my father ) and half Greek . I lived 23 years in Romania before went to Greece . By now , I live about 32 years in Greece . In the future , I don't know .

Last edited:

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC_7104 Trail to lost Dutchman .JPG
The area to leave trail to ruins and a pit mine. Is the smaller figure what Waltz described as a man standing in the bushes? Look close at what at first appears to be bushes around the man.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1542288
The area to leave trail to ruins and a pit mine. Is the smaller figure what Waltz described as a man standing in the bushes? Look close at what at first appears to be bushes around the man.

The clue says how " Where the trail turns south you will see over the point of a ridge a rock standing in the brush that looks like a man. " .

IMO , your " man " rock wouldn't be possible to be seen " over the point of a ridge " , because is hidden in the brush and is too small . I believe Waltz was talking about the profile man head rock which is enough big and in clear sight to be seen from afar .

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to tell you Marius but the photo is looking over a ridge. there is a small canyon/wash/fault between the two figures.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1542288

Sailaway

I believe this is the fellow your speaking of, it's were you leave the trail, which leads you to the foundation in my pic's.

IMG_1741.JPG

Notice the stairs carved into the rock,
And the offering cup carved under the head.
There is a white stone in it, don't really know why I guess.

There's nothing else but some markings on it.

babymick1

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to tell you Marius but the photo is looking over a ridge. there is a small canyon/wash/fault between the two figures.

sailaway

Then , seems you are very close to the LDM . I believed Waltz meant , to look up over the highest point of a ridge .
Just my theory , but when you will able to see the man rock from 1 mile afar , then you would consider yourself to be on the correct path .

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Your kindda right Joe,

Nothing in are lifetime, But the rocks in back of the stairs don't stack themselves, but what your missing is what can be seen, Why all the light only shines on those stairs. Which leads to only one place.

IMG_1742.JPG

This one is marked with 24, There all marked by numbers, Really odd,

Babymick1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Joe,

Maybe its Noto,

And I thought I was the only one who connected the Peralta maps to The Passover.

Transoe

I better study the Latin Heart for awhile, it might be a manuscript of meanings.

babymick1

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe,

Maybe its Noto,

And I thought I was the only one who connected the Peralta maps to The Passover.

Transoe

I better study the Latin Heart for awhile, it might be a manuscript of meanings.

babymick1

bm,

Not real sure what you are talking about here, but markers in the Superstitions are more common than flees on a dog. Many a modern-day searcher has stacked, carved and used other methods to create nice looking trail/treasure markers. Every treasure hunter or prospector who searches the range can find hidden meanings in each of those markers.

Good luck,

Joe

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
bm,

Not real sure what you are talking about here, but markers in the Superstitions are more common than flees on a dog. Many a modern-day searcher has stacked, carved and used other methods to create nice looking trail/treasure markers. Every treasure hunter or prospector who searches the range can find hidden meanings in each of those markers.

Good luck,

Joe

before 1984 you were allowed to have mining claims in the superstitions...and there were a bunch of them...alot of them were marked with rock cairns

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
before 1984 you were allowed to have mining claims in the superstitions...and there were a bunch of them...alot of them were marked with rock cairns

Dave,

Seen more than a few of those. Many have more than a pile of rocks. That does not negate the fact that many markers are modern-day creations.

Take care,

Joe

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
bm,

Good luck,

Joe

Daully noted Sir

Yeah I see them here and there, from time to time. Easily to tell in a few minutes if modern or not. Nature leaves its mark on everything. Noto, Latin for marking things of importance, as is Transoe is to Passover. Now why is the same meaning on the Peralta Maps, symbol, And referred to on the Latin Heart.

Interesting to me, No one ever linked the symbols on the maps to the Passover but that friend of mine. Who became
a catholic priest. That's the first one to jump out to him.

So now I'm checking out the Latin Heart and there it is, So Joe was it a common knowledge among oldtime dutch hunters that they new of the Passover connection to the Peralta Stones.

It would be interesting to know.

babymick1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread