Is the Pit Mine really the Lost Dutchman mine?

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim

IMO , the claims from that document are not connected to the LDM region .

Why would you say that Markmar.

The claims are certainly worth taking a good look at. It's a insight into the past around 1865 to 1900, it's a clear clean picture of where they were tracking the gold.

There's no known area or region to the mine simply because Gold Field Mountain's were referred to as Superstition Mountains back then, They weren't so well defined by boundaries as they are today.

babymick1

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

The claims are certainly worth taking a good look at. It's a insight into the past around 1865 to 1900, it's a clear clean picture of where they were tracking the gold.

There's no known area or region to the mine simply because Gold Field Mountain's were referred to as Superstition Mountains back then, They weren't so well defined by boundaries as they are today.

babymick1

ive been to the mine mick...not much to see..everyone and their brother has been there...its on forest land....and the road that runs right by it is a very popular road for a off roaders...thousdands of people use the area...its called bulldog canyon recreation area..(or something like that).....

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

babymick1
also mick ..there are alot of mining claims in the area....also patented mines and some open pit mines...that area around goldfield has been mined constantly since the 1890's

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah Dave wish I knew more about them, which ones produced the best and which ones produce less, and which direction North, South, East And West give the least and play out.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Yeah Dave wish I knew more about them, which ones produced the best and which ones produce less, and which direction North, South, East And West give the least and play out.
it was a shallow dig..probably a pocket that pinched out ....the big producers of gold were the mammoth...the bulldog...black queen...bluebird..and golden hillside...they are all on a faultline that parallels highway 88 on the west side...except for the bluebird on the east side

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc

From where ?

Your red dot. your dot I on the ridge just have to follow it around the mntn on the side if where I believe your pic is of . the h/p map is a depiction of the whole side of the mountain . look toward your spot from the finger of god . u will see the horse map.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your red dot. your dot I on the ridge just have to follow it around the mntn on the side if where I believe your pic is of . the h/p map is a depiction of the whole side of the mountain . look toward your spot from the finger of god . u will see the horse map.

What is the finger of God ?
And , the Horse is one thing and the Priest another different . Are not on the same mountainside .
But why are we debate the stone maps in this thread ?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

babymick1

Because Jim said he was fishing , I only said how that lake hasn't the big carp .

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Thank you to all my Tnet friends for their thoughts and prayers. She was told a few weeks ago that she only had 4-months to live. In that respect, she was spared a great deal of pain. For my friends that still smoke, I pray that you find the strength to give up the habit.

Thank you again,

Joe

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the finger of God ?
And , the Horse is one thing and the Priest another different . Are not on the same mountainside .
But why are we debate the stone maps in this thread ?

You keep believing that .lol. It is one and the same , the witches hat is part of the mane on horse. the cross in the witches hand runs across the head of the horse below the eye but above the nose. Cant show u or u would clearly see . Ive convinced the 2 that will go with me in Dec. one a former hiking guide and a very good metal detection person. If I knew you better id ask if u wanted to go.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You keep believing that .lol. It is one and the same , the witches hat is part of the mane on horse. the cross in the witches hand runs across the head of the horse below the eye but above the nose. Cant show u or u would clearly see . Ive convinced the 2 that will go with me in Dec. one a former hiking guide and a very good metal detection person. If I knew you better id ask if u wanted to go.

December is afar and you will have the proper time to change your mind about the region and your theory . If you don't , then IMO will be a nice recreation trip , without big emotions .

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Because Jim said he was fishing , I only said how that lake hasn't the big carp .

I have to agree with Marius on this. I doubt either claim was the LDM. Mick, the one you and Dave are talking about is definitely in the Goldfield area. Dave nailed it right off the bat, he knows more about those mts than just about anyone IMO. It's the first mine on the claim I posted...I had no intention of bringing that particular mine up, I was interested in the claim BELOW the one you're looking at.

The one Marius and I were talking about was the one claimed by G.O. Roberds (Gideon O. Roberds, I believe) and one "R.H. Roberts". It was claimed only 4 months after Waltz's death, so I've often wondered about it, and by the looks of the original document, at least one other person (probably a lot more) were very interested in it. There's only one problem with it. If Waltz had a mine up where this one was, all he would have gotten for his trouble is a war club upside his head.

It's up by Reno pass, off HWY 87. There is gold up there.

Mick let me know if you want the entire claim for that mine, (the one you and Dave were talking about...I only got the last half of the claim in the document I posted) I will download it and PM it to you. I would imagine Dave is right about that particular mine, though.

Last edited:

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
December is afar and you will have the proper time to change your mind about the region and your theory . If you don't , then IMO will be a nice recreation trip , without big emotions .

Na , was been in the plans for about 2 years now . Just didnt have the right person to go with. there is a handful of people , that have seen the proof , through multiple sources. the h/p . the deathbed scribble and , 1 other map. lol not going on blindly for sure.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to agree with Marius on this. I doubt either claim was the LDM. Mick, the one you and Dave are talking about is definitely in the Goldfield area. Dave nailed it right off the bat, he knows more about those mts than just about anyone IMO. It's the first mine on the claim I posted...I had no intention of bringing that particular mine up, I was interested in the claim BELOW the one you're looking at.

The one Marius and I were talking about was the one claimed by G.O. Roberds (Gideon O. Roberds, I believe) and one "R.H. Roberts". It was claimed only 4 months after Waltz's death, so I've often wondered about it, and by the looks of the original document, at least one other person (probably a lot more) were very interested in it. There's only one problem with it. If Waltz had a mine up where this one was, all he would have gotten for his trouble is a war club upside his head.

It's up by Reno pass, off HWY 87. There is gold up there.

Mick let me know if you want the entire claim for that mine, (the one you and Dave were talking about...I only got the last half of the claim in the document I posted) I will download it and PM it to you. I would imagine Dave is right about that particular mine, though.

No, I'm good, Dave's Answer was suffice, Played out Quickly,

And as for Markmar, He be in for a real treat when he puts boots on the ground.

Its not what he Thinks, It's no cake walk!

babymick1

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you to all my Tnet friends for their thoughts and prayers. She was told a few weeks ago that she only had 4-months to live. In that respect, she was spared a great deal of pain. For my friends that still smoke, I pray that you find the strength to give up the habit.

Thank you again,

Joe

Sorry to hear that Joe - I lost an uncle over Christmas this year. Not as tough as a sibling but sad nonetheless.

As far as smoking goes, I'm always reminded of the one hike I took with Jim Hatt and how rough his breathing was at times. For someone who absolutely loved and lived to explore those mountains to not be able to give up smoking in order to be able to keep doing it for a longer time just goes to show how hard it must be to kick that habit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread