Is there a connection between coin and marbles?

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Some of the guys in today's finds suggested I post this here. Here is a basic cut and paste from the other forum with my questions:
I thought this find was post worthy, b/c 2 of the items found are not metal. I recieved a faint signal at a local park. I dug down about 6" before my probe would sound off. I knew I had another couple inches, so I opened the hole up deeper, and flipped the dirt onto my drop cloth. The 2 marbles were sitting there staring at me. Another 1/2-1" and I had the Indian Head. I am assuming they were lost at the same moment, but I don't know much about marbles. Do the marbles fit the period of the 1902 Indian? Is this a plausible pocket spill judging by the contents? Thought someone might be interested to these items.
The rest of the hunt produced a 1907 V Nickle, a 1909 Wheat, and a pile of other wheaties I didn't really look at. No Silver!
Regards,
Jon Dickinson.
www.prehistoricartifacts.com

Attachments

• 92309a.jpg
    92309a.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 92309a.jpg
    92309a.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 237

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
yes!!!those are old marbles...the glass looks to be hand gathered and the clay we know is old...i think the hand gathering went out of vogue in the teens to 20s....the red marble was prob made in akron...google akron marbles...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread