Is there a difference between the Gold Cube vortex and Martins "Directional" mat

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just roughtop conveyor belt. There are many versions out there. Some are better than others. Different ply's, different composition, different designs. I have and use 4 different types, all mine are similar and do about the same as far as gold recovery. flow, angle, classification, and feed rate, are the real determining factors as to recovery.

CLICK HERE FOR EXAMPLES OF ROUGHTOP CONVEYOR BELT

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bud rice farmer told me there are over 1,000 types styles of ag belts also. You could spend a lifetime playing with samples. I get some of his leftovers from assembly and run tests,tests and more tests. 1/10 the cost of miner bs. Still nuttin beats but Shaw carpet for sharp angular shales or elongated sharp edged rocks...but still lookn' and testing again now that we finally got some rainwater to use up here .AMEN to that-John

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
-100 mesh and how far below? That definately sounds like a challenge. Even with optimum sluicing like GG mentioned you might be getting beyond the typical sluice recovery capabilities for high % recovery? Even a properly set up table or jig would require quite a bit of screening I'd think.

If you are screening below 50,100,200 mesh is it by hand or are you using some kind of shaker deck or trommel?

I'm sure its being done somewhere and I've always wondered how they do it with any kind of throughput since the smaller you screen the more the oversize seems to get stuck in the screen.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hoser thats just a howl
i have been doing the same thing, never happy, more more more, it can get better

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread