Is there a Long Range Locator capable of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I have to agree Carl. There are plenty of trained people out there that know a lot more than I do that have already done the investigating for me.
Yes..There has been a lot of trained people have come to this board. People who have not used these devices are not trained..
For example, when I turn on my computer I don't know all the ins and outs of why it works. Science has proven that it does.
Yes ...by designing and using them
When the scientists at NASA put people in space I don't need to be on the rocket to know it works.
You know that because you have saw them work...Art

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes..There has been a lot of trained people have come to this board. People who have not used these devices are not trained..

Yes ...by designing and using them

You know that because you have saw them work...Art

yes art scientists designed computers and rockets not some shyster out in his garage and I have seen them work. And your right about another thing, I would have to see an LRL work with my own eyes to believe it. God knows none of you users or LRL hawkers are willing to submit to scientific testing of them. There is always a reason why you can't, don't or won't. The world should Just accept your claims they work with no scientific proof to back them up.

Last edited:

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Marc (and everyone else)
Most of you probably believe that water dowsing works for some people. Why then so much skepticism that using an electronic LRL
can work for other targets?
If you have never tried to water dowse, try over a garden hose that has water running through it. Use a couple of wire coat hangers
with a 90 degree bend in them and see if they respond while walking over the hose. If that works for you or anyone else you know
I would think you would try some LRLs.
Yes, there are some issues that take practice to overcome and that is where this forum is a big help to LRL users. If you don't believe
it go to one of the other forums, but don't bash people over there either.
This is a hobby, let us have our fun and you have yours.
Rich

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~2screwed~
yes art scientists designed computers and rockets not some shyster out in his garage and I have seen them work.
Then I guess you have never been to a shop where LRL’s are made.
And your right about another thing, I would have to see an LRL work with my own eyes to believe it.
I have been to 3 manufacturers shops and had a hands on demonstration so what’s stopping you.
God knows none of you users or LRL hawkers are willing to submit to scientific testing of them.
Could you please tell us where this scientific testing can be found and what the cost may be?
There is always a reason why you can't, don't or won't. The world should Just accept your claims they work with no scientific proof to back them up.
Common misconceptions about science I: ?Scientific proof? | Psychology Today
Misconceptions about the nature and practice of science abound, and are sometimes even held by otherwise respectable practicing scientists themselves. I have dispelled some of them (misconceptions, not scientists) in earlier posts (for example, that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, beauty is only skin-deep, and you can’t judge a book by its cover). Unfortunately, there are many other misconceptions about science. One of the most common misconceptions concerns the so-called “scientific proofs.” Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as a Proofs exist only in mathematics and logic, not in science. Mathematics and logic are both closed, self-contained systems of propositions, whereas science is empirical and deals with nature as it exists. The primary criterion and standard of evaluation of scientific theory is evidence, not proof. All else equal (such as internal logical consistency and parsimony), scientists prefer theories for which there is more and better evidence to theories for which there is less and worse evidence. Proofs are not the currency of science.

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL aarthr. Ok, change the word "proof" to "evidence" in my statement and the result is still the same. Can you show me one test using scientific method conducted by a recognized scientific body not run by people who use or manufacture LRL's that will show the world irrefutable evidence that they work? Never mind, I already know you can't. We will just have to agree to disagree.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
LOL aarthr. Ok, change the word "proof" to "evidence" in my statement and the result is still the same. Can you show me one test using scientific method conducted by a recognized scientific body not run by people who use or manufacture LRL's that will show the world irrefutable evidence that they work?
The only scientific method that would be excepted by the Scientific community would be a Double Blind Study....If you have the $350 thousand that the double blind study would cost I am sure someone will do it
Never mind, I already know you can't. We will just have to agree to disagree.
Like Rich said.. This is a hobby, let us have our fun and you have yours...Art

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep Art it's all about the fun. I was born in Reno, where in northern NV do you live?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
  1. C:\Users\ART3~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png
    Originally Posted by Treasure finder

Most of you probably believe that water dowsing works for some people.
~Carl~
No, I don't. Show Me.
Sorry Charlie...No need to show you....to many know about water dowsing...Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich, here the Top 5 Answers I get when I ask a dowser to Show Me:

1. I have nothing to prove to you.

2. You won't believe it works no matter what I do.

3. You have to prove it to yourself.

4. Pay me $10,000 and I'll show you.

5. I don't know why it didn't work, it's always worked before.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Well Carl,
I haven't said any of those things to you. However I have seen metal detector users fail to find treasure and ask dowsers for
help. I kind of think they are complementary tools and use both. Have you tried water dowsing over a hose with water
running through it? Give it a try.
Rich

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Done a bit of dowsing myself, including "water dowsing over a hose with water running through it". I've had successes that seem to greatly exceed anything that should have been expected by chance. And, the more blinded (literally) the better, I am not interested in unblinded dowsing since there's no mystery in that from a scientific perspective and I can do that better with a recently emptied 24 ounce can of Steel Reserve than with an L-rod anyhow.

So, let's go through Carl's "Dowser Alabi list" (my term, not his).

1. I don't have anything to prove to anyone. At least not about dowsing. The Migra does like me to prove I'm a US citizen when I return from Juarez.

2. Carl won't believe it no matter what I do..... because chances of my demoing an interesting dowse in front of Carl are pretty slim. I parsed arf a few folks a few years ago on the old Tnet forum by reminding them that when it comes to proving stuff, A.R. already warned 'em what happens to "claimants".

3. Carl doesn't have to prove anything to himself one way or the other.

4. The "pay me ten grand and I'll show you" guys..... the way I read their words, they condemn themselves as con men, nobody is more certain they ain't got squat as they are themselves.

5. "I don't know why it didn't work this time, it's always worked before". Anyone who thinks they can dowse and make claims about it, who can't explain why they can't do it if Carl's watching, doesn't understand what the hell they're doing, and that's why they got caught by surprise.

Meanwhile, check out the title of this thread and start out at the beginning. Marc posits a hypothetical treasure hunting situation and asks "is there a Long Range Locator capable of this?" It's been a long thread. And, it's not even about plain vanilla dowsing (different forum, are LRL'ers illiterate?)

Many posts back, Carl offer informed comment on the challenge and so did I, because we both work in an industry where people are really trying to find buried stuff, merely faking it doesn't count. The LRL fans have done their best to pretend that no such scenario should be taken seriously, except Art who offered that he could probably walk the perimeter and triangulate the locations with his LRL. At least he understood the question! Now frankly his response sounds like wishful thinking, especially since this is the same guy who posted the photoshopped gold pan, zero credibility but at least good entertainment.

My point is that if Art's flippant claim is as good as it gets from the LRL crowd, anyone who wants to know if LRL's are a fraud has all the evidence they need in this very thread.

But if anyone desires even more solid evidence, about a specific LRL, y'know my advice, go to the manufacturer and "Read the Advertisement!" If having read the advertisement you feel the need to buy it despite the warnings you've received here, the logical next step is to hand over your credit card and receive your punishment. Enjoy! On this, the manufacturers thereof and I am are in agreement, and with that much agreement, how could you possibly go wrong?

--Dave J.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~Dave`
But if anyone desires even more solid evidence, about a specific LRL, y'know my advice, go to the manufacturer and "Read the Advertisement!"
No Dave..they should read the ads and research the device at home..If you feel that the device is the one which fits your needs you contact the manufacture and ask any questions that you have..Try to find someone who has one of these devices and go on a hunt with them....If that can not be done then you go to the manufacture and do a hands on test of the device
If having read the advertisement you feel the need to buy it despite the warnings you've received here, the logical next step is to hand over your credit card and receive your punishment. Enjoy! On this, the manufacturers thereof and I am are in agreement, and with that much agreement, how could you possibly go wrong?
You are right..It is their decision and their money ...Art

olfacere

Feb 22, 2013
Georgia, US
Detector(s) used
Tesoro MicroMax Silver
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
olfacere said:
Skepticism is healthy, but there is no room for armchair scientists who demand to be shown that something works without having to investigate it themselves.
Carl-NC said:
Because there are some other words for that, like "nonproductive nay-sayer." Strong opinions without strong reasons are senseless.

2screwed said:
yes art scientists designed computers and rockets not some shyster out in his garage and I have seen them work.
"The first 50 Apple 1s were built in Jobs' parents' spare bedroom (at 11161 Crist Drive in Los Altos, the house number changed to 2066 when the land was annexed from the county to the city in late 1983). That consignment of Apple 1s were sold to Paul Jay Terrell's Byte Shop for $500 each. The partners had to take out loans in order to meet the Byte Shop order. Just a few months later Apple moved upscale – in to Jobs' parents' garage."
Steve's Job Garage

You guys seriously need a reality check. Research and development is real work that really works. Neither a scientist's degrees nor his white coat make him anything more or less than the man he was before. There is reality and then there is opinion. Any claimed "reality" that isn't supported by reasons is just opinion. Thank you and good night. :D

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
"The first 50 Apple 1s were built in Jobs' parents' spare bedroom (at 11161 Crist Drive in Los Altos, the house number changed to 2066 when the land was annexed from the county to the city in late 1983). That consignment of Apple 1s were sold to Paul Jay Terrell's Byte Shop for $500 each. The partners had to take out loans in order to meet the Byte Shop order. Just a few months later Apple moved upscale – in to Jobs' parents' garage."
Steve's Job Garage

You guys seriously need a reality check. Research and development is real work that really works. Neither a scientist's degrees nor his white coat make him anything more or less than the man he was before. There is reality and then there is opinion. Any claimed "reality" that isn't supported by reasons is just opinion. Thank you and good night. :D

Time for you to have a reality check. Steve jobs didn't invent the computer. He simply took known technology, the computer, and improved on it. Hell, I can build one out in my shop, the technology already exists.

News Blog: Who built the first computer?

Actually a scientists degree does make him more than he was before he got it. It shows he studied, learned, worked hard and graduated in his particular area of study.

You are right about on thing. Your claimed "reality" (LRL's) isn't supported by reasons ie scientific evidence, just opinions. And just so you know, i.e. stands for id est. That is Latin for "that is"

olfacere

Feb 22, 2013
Georgia, US
Detector(s) used
Tesoro MicroMax Silver
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, bud. I've had enough fallacies. Conversation over. If you want to learn some more Latin, try argumentum ad hominem.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread