Is there GOLD in them thar rolls?

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
This one came to me when I woke up from that last CRH dream I just had - Has anybody ever thought to search ANY kind of dollar coins? Even the gold dollars? Hear me out. You see, I was thinking that maybe you could edge search rolls of gold dollars, not even bothering to search the face, for a number of reasons. First of all, there's a number of errors associated with the new presidential coins and their new-fangled edge lettering. Second, and I know this would be a long shot, but... is it possible one could find gold bullion coins mixed in, perhaps? I'm not sure who makes bullion coins that have the same diameter and thickness and all of the gold-colored dollars (if anyone does, that is), but I was intrigued by the possibility. At the very least, I feel like asking for CWRs might be worth it, if we are all of the mind that MWRs would have a significantly heavier coin made out of real gold already sorted out. If even the faintest potential is there, the payoff could be enormous, given the current price of gold. So... thoughts?

Upvote 0

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Fed stocks $10000 canvas bags of $20 Double Eagles. They're just in the dark back corner of the underground vault, and nobody wants to go down there because it's haunted by the ghosts of our founding fathers, and they're pissed.

Get with Kev with ideas on how to order them.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
PhattyB said:
The Fed stocks $10000 canvas bags of $20 Double Eagles. They're just in the dark back corner of the underground vault, and nobody wants to go down there because it's haunted by the ghosts of our founding fathers, and they're pissed.

Get with Kev with ideas on how to order them.

Dawg ill hand them a preview of my next solo album

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread