skeeter86

Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can not answer your question from experience, other than I just bought a DFX used and it has a lot of options you need to learn and understand to use it to it's full potential. The V3i has exponentially more options and menus. I think a lot of guys do not want to think that hard.. the want to swing an dig. The other thing to keep in mind is there has been not BIG advances in how the metal is found, just in the speed the data can be processed and displayed... I read one post that said something like.. by the time I get done analyzing the target with the v3i, I could have dug it up 4 times..
If you are tech guy like me who wants to be able to weak your machine to run it's best in any condition then probably a good choice. If you want to turn on and go, it does do that, but so do others for less money..

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love my v3i....can be as easy or as hard as ya wanna make it...not a beginners machine....gl and hh!

I agree. Once you learn the V3i it is a killer machine. I wouldn't part with mine.

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I still have my DFX and I own a V3i. Both are good machines but the V3i is amazing, and a big jump in ability from the DFX. I wouldn't give it up or trade it for any other machine. If you want a machine you can fine tune and adjust settings for your likes then this is it. I think the only other detector brand I see used that has the same amount of tech to date is minelab, and if you want to pay for it minelab offers more, as in the CTX 3030, but it has its faults too. The V3i just has less faults that fit in my style and type of hunting. Im not slamming minelab either, Im saying they are a very good machine and in some models exceed what I have, (or am willing to pay out for) for what I do.

gabbyhayes

Feb 9, 2014
Sask.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 AT PRO GTI 2500
V3i SURF PI PRO
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my V3i.
I own other top detectors but this is my weapon of choice. This is not a beginners detector and it does take awhile to learn, but once you do it is a beast!!

wvmountaindigger

Oct 19, 2014
Mountains of West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Sun-Ray DX1 Probe, White's XLT, Sun-Ray XL1 Probe, White's Coin Master Pro, White's Coin Master 2900 Trooper, White's Coin Master 2DB Series 2, White's 120mm Bullseye Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have the V3i but I do own the VX3 and love it. I was an XLT user for many years and moved up to the VX3 and it tool awhile to learn. If you haven't been on the White's forum please do so. Just go the White's web page and select support and then go to the forums. There is a lot of information on the V3i from many experienced users. Hope this helps.

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
I have my v3i since 2010. It's a great detector. I was able to pick up the crx3030 this past fall but have not gotten rid of my V3i. So far both detectors are very comparable but the v3i stilly go to detector. Going on a big ny hunt next month and although I'm spending a lot of time swinging the ctx I still coin shoot and seed hunt with the v3i it just so good at it. Good luck if you decide to pick one up. Definitely go with the wireless headphones.

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
i love my v as well i dont think i coukd be happier with it . def not a beginner machine but not hard to use once u learn what everything does . the thing about the v is that u can make it be whatever kind of detector u want. with the v its as easy or complex as u wanna make it . when i first got mine i just used the presets and got good performace right away. now after using it a bit i can tweak it for a little more . some of the nicest thing about the v are the adjustability of the tones,the spectragraph and the ability to see how each freq responds to the target.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread