zanyzonies

Jan 7, 2011
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does look like something.
I'd like to see another pic either pulled back, or looking towards where the face is looking.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Agree it is something. Looks like there might be another skull on the upper left part of the the skull rock. Other things look familiar but on the very edge of resolution to a sign. The pic must be max magnfication so a little unclear.

Anyway it looks like the black water stains or varnish in the back there may have been culturally modified. May or may not be related to the face.

I bet shadow signs would pop out at right time of day.

golden mean

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2005
The picture was taken on a cloudy day but I will try to post another I have that was taken on a brighter day. Also, thank you very much Old Dog for resizing these pics for me and thank you White Dog for posting this pic and getting this thread started.

Holly

Attachments

• skull1.jpg
    skull1.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 858

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum, Golden Mean:

I took the liberty to increase the size of this last photo. Any larger, and it would be too fuzzy. If I might offer a couple of suggestions about posting photos; first, use a handy folder. I just use the Desktop because it puts the pictures right in front of me on the window view. Second, save the photos you want to upload to a website as .jpg/ .jpeg at about 800 pixels in width. The jpg format at 800 pixels max size will help them up load fast and at a usable size.

On this photo, that big nose on the main figure means a regular human face (in this case) and I circled 2 faces on the upper left part of the head. The one in the yellow circle appears human and the one in the red circle appears to be a skull.

skull1.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's see. There's a large "A" under the nose on the upper lip. Way up on the head piece, there's a large stylized "3" and "Y" in black. There's another black figure that makes up the eye of the small skull, but can't tell what it is................maybe a stylize "M" or black owl with a rock heart on it's lower half?

Another possibility for that stylized "3" could be an owl on each end of the ribbon with the body of the ribbon outlining a profile of a poodle dog?

golden mean

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2005
Thanks to all for your comments.
zanyzonies - I hope you can see more things with the clearer picture.
desertmoons - I never thought about shadow signs. I would like to check it on the Spring Equinox to see if something pops out.
Shortstack - Thanks for the welcome. I've been a Tnet member since 2005 - just kind of shy about posting. Thanks for all your suggestions. And WOW! I never noticed the A.

I'm going to post a pic of the back side of the skull. It really surprised me when I saw it. Please, Old Dog, would you make it larger if it comes out too small? Thanks :notworthy:

Holly

Attachments

• lion.jpg
    lion.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 805

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Golden Mean,
I just spotted this black dog at the very bottom.

Skull.jpg

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Here you are again my friend,
Another enlargement for your viewing pleasure.

from the looks of things you have a two way trail. visible from both sides.
Very good illustration.

Attachments

• Lion.jpg
    Lion.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 816

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This backside is a big ole lion's face. How would this be decoded? Two trails, but what other information does it mean?

golden mean

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2005
shortstack, I never noticed the black dog. Hope my own dog didn't get it the pic. ::) She's been known to do that! Anyway, I think the dog you see is actually part of the rock. Thanks for seeing it.

Thank you Old Dog for putting up a larger pic of the lion. Pretty cool huh? And wow! a two way trail. When I realized the skull possiby meant danger and looked at the back to see what I would call a "Lion of David"--I was both shocked and awed.

Old Dog the lion is indeed looking at another sign. When I am able to climb that snowy slope again (very slippery and dangerous), I will post another pic because that sign is looking at another sign at least a quarter mile down the road.

Holly

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cactusjumper:
There seems to be 2 figures in robes in your pic. The one on the left has what looks like small wings on
it's upper back / shoulder area that stick up to the read of the head. The one on the right is below the first
and seems to be looking up to the first one as in awe.

This photo might do better if you started a separate thread with it so more folks could see it. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A robed priestess with hoyo on her neck and a Knight on horseback looking up at her, as in reporting or taking instructions from her highness.

The opening behind the priestess, is that not a trail sign?

I followed SS on this one, I hope we don`t step on p--p. :laughing7:

I think SS made an exellent suggestion in starting a new thread.

This is a nice picture, I hope you have more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread