Is this anything?

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hunstman, no worries about offending. When it comes to interpretations and ideas.. I have a pretty open mind and not anchored to my ideas. Being a gal..I change my mind a lot..lol. You are probably right..it certainly looks like the big tree grew up through the ledge.

The stick stump or dead tree..I don't think there is enough information for me to make a determination as to what it is. But it does not matter if it is a stump or if it is a stick. What i do notice is on the rock at foot of tree there are some possible carvings of symbols. Possible but can not be sure. We will not know without some more pics. Same for the ledge rocks in back..possible carvings .but need more pics. And the cedar tree itself appears to have some marks on it.

As to the dead tree or stick, to me there is a better than fair possibility that has been modified. I have seen things with features like that ..that were valid signs. Then again most times a stick is just a stick

Well..time frame may not be all that old at all. Anyway, with the camera rock is using he will need to get closer and takes lots of pics. One thing..rock..I am not suggesting anything except more pics..and run that md around those trees and perhaps a bit right of the on our right hand tree.

Even the md can wait come to think of it. I never ever want folks to run around doing stuff on my say so. If the possible signs turn out to be signs and not nature then I believe he is on to something. It could all be natural , there is a good chance of that..but there seem to be a few too many coincidences in how things flow and relationships of features. So since rock likes roll anyway..why not is my thought.

I wonder..is this a real cedar tree that smells like cedar? How neat that would be..I'd have my nose up against it hehehe.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all of that info :icon_scratch: I believe if anything the rocks will or might have a sign on them if anything. I will take more pics the next time I am out there (next week). The big rock pile I will ask the owner on them, I will check around the rocks in the woods and see if there is a cave or maybe it was just a dark shadow on google earth IDK but will find out. Ill ask the owner if there is any caves on the property that he might know of. Ill try to get more history on the property from the owner. The reason he lets me hunt the property is to try and find treasure for him if there is any to be found. We are in a 50/50 split if I find anything. He knows I will tell him if I find anything and I will if I do. So far just some Indian artifacts have been found which he doesnt really care about and arent worth money just mostly fun to find for my collection. Thanks everyone, rock

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update......I talked to the owner today and he didnt know anything about the rock pile. So I am guessing its not from clearing the land. I asked if there was any caves and he didnt think there was. Ill have to check to be sure. I guess the rock pile isnt from clearing the land after all. He has been here all his life and he is 65. As soon as winter comes and kills all of the grass and bushes on the pile I will have a closer look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions