Is this for Real?

D

Dor In Parker

Okay...my husband was reading Arizona Highways and announces that he wants to buy a "gold detector" because we live in an area that is supposed to be good for finding gold nuggets (??). He wants to spend about $800-$3000 on a machine. We love to go camping and exploring in the local desert area (La Paz County/Parker/Quartzsite). My job is to do the research. You guys at this forum are having way too much fun, and personallly, I want to join in! This is my first day of researching and I'm already ready to order a machine and pack my gear, except that I don't know what to order or where to go camping. I'm also ready to order my copy of "A Treasure Trove" because I love mysteries and puzzles!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I'm scared to death to contract "gold fever".

Upvote 0

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
Oh!! Yes! this is just what I dream of doing some day. But I would also mention to also do some metal detecting for meteorites because they can be worth more then gold any day!That is what I would be looking for especially in Arizona.be carefull? for the creepy crawlers and snakes.Though I would be glad to see a snake that you can eat and they say they are good eating too!Anyway some day I am going to head down yonder and get my pickings and enjoy every minute.By the way, there are many good gold detectors to buy....Whites,Garrat,Tesoro,Mini Lab,Fisher,The New Ace Detectors, ect ect...I my self would like to get a new Tesoro or a Garret or Fisher,one that is water proof and can also do the all search and also where you can notch out the garbage.But I will also keep my old one it does a petty good job by it's self.If you can do it, go for it! Good luck and have fun!

T

Tanman425

Hello: How's the weather there. A good place to check on Gold Detectors is Kellycodetector.com. They have the best prices and warranty's around. They are located in Florida, so shipping may take a week or ten days. Good Luck in your journeys, and wear high-top leathers to protect yourself. Rob in Virginia

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
Yep! I get their catalog and have gotten books from them.....Now! About Meteorites in Arizona and your gold hunting...If you want some information go to( www.Lost Treasure.com )and go to thier archived pages and look up the November 2004 issue which I have right in front of me now and look on page #14...Rocks from outerspace... by Lance Downing.He's the man who wrote the article and doing the actual hunting. Gives you a little history about Arizona, Meteorites and how to metal detect for them and the kind of machine he uses.It looks like a White's Gold Master.Looks like a good metal detector for gold also!
Something to look a up anyway for future use.

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
The www.arizonaoutback.com link is a good LOCAL place to start . If 3 large doesn't phase him then the GP3000 is the dawg to hunt with . Chris will give you lessons and it is a machine he will not outgrow for a loooooong time . "The Tongue Nugget" was found by a rookie using a new machine . It can happen to you too . Good luck .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread