This weeks hunt

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
I have to thank Zeuss69 for inviting me up to NC the past couple days for some serious prospecting. Your family was very kind to me and again I thank you.
We had a great time and found quite a bit of gold. Here's a couple photos of Zeuss69 panning and his great 4" dredge. (Zeuss69, the photos you took of me didn't make it to the camera).
Again, thanks, and I look forward to our next trip (very soon).
xXx

Attachments

• zeuss69 panning.jpg
    zeuss69 panning.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 322
  • zeuss69 dredge.jpg
    zeuss69 dredge.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 326
Upvote 0
OP
OP
xXx

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
"Cool" wasn't the word for it. In the mountain river on NC in mid-January, try "COLD". But still worth every second of it.
We moved 100 times more earth with the dredge in the second day than we did panning the first day. By the time we finished it was pretty much dark both days, but there were at least 15 pieces of gold in each pand from the dredge at the end, as apposed to only 1 or 2 per pan when panning the day before. The dredge beats panning hands down.
xXx

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Must have been a fantastic experience, we've got nothing in the way of gold on Long Island. I would love to try that, but the wife would kill me if I left her with the three kids to go hunting gold (she DOESN'T have the TH bug) maybee when the kids grow up a little I can talk her into a little camping trip down that way

OP
OP
xXx

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Zeuss69 is seperating the gold from the sand that we pulled through the dredge. He sent me a message today saying he had started and there was plenty of gold. Keep in mind, the gold is only as large as a speck in the pan, but gold none the less. If Zeuss69 doesn't post a photo, I'll make sure to get one on later.
It was a great experience and I'm looking forward to getting back up there for more dredging and hitting some of the old home sites and old school houses we came across in our travels through the mountains. We just can't drive down that slate mining road any more, I'm out of spare tires. >:(
xXx

Z

zeuss69

your more than welcome any time and to stay as long as you need!!!!!!Sorry the picks of you didn't turn out.But well do it again.i had a great time it was good to get some of the fever out these warmer days is a teaser but that cold water brings back reality quick!!!!!My opinion the areas we found have great patentshall just needed more time and hot water.and tomorrow i will try and get a picture on what we found just remember we just tested a little here and there didn't real do any kind of major dredgen we were more just making sure that there was gold in the areas.There was and plenty more to get.Have had two people say they have found nuggets there just panning.We didn't find any nuggets but we did find gold!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions