Is this gold ring real and whats it worth?

USERNAME IS VALID

Feb 27, 2016
Norcal
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II
XP DEUS
TESORO VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this gold ring real and what's it worth?

This was given to my son 10 or more years ago and but I just found it today. My son loved to play pirates when he was about 5 years old. My sister made him a treasure chest and people would bring him old jewelry from garage sales to put in it, he's in high school now so he was getting rid of a bunch of junk so I started going through it and found this ring. It says 96.5% Is it real?! I weighed it and my scale says ten grams but I don't know how accurate it is.
gold (3 of 3).jpg
gold (2 of 3).jpg
gold (1 of 3).jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Bet that's a sweet surprise! What do you think he'll do with the money?

Won't get half that unless you sell to ARA Refineries.

Wow! Bet that's a sweet surprise! What do you think he'll do with the money?

What will he do with the money (if I tell him)?:laughing7: I think I'll just sneak it into his bank account, I have access to it until he gets his drivers license.

Is there a makers mark or other ID? You don't want to sell it for melt if it's for instance a Tiffany.
Jewelry made by some famous designers can be worth bunches.
There are several web sites to research jewelry marks.

Is there a makers mark or other ID? You don't want to sell it for melt if it's for instance a Tiffany.
Jewelry made by some famous designers can be worth bunches.
There are several web sites to research jewelry marks.

Wow, that would suck! I can't read it though, looks like some kind of asian characters. Chine:laughing7:se Tiffany?

You think maybe your son may want to keep this item as a keepsake? Special memorys?

Its no different than your son getting into your drawers and hawkin something meaningful without asking.

Nothing beats research. Asking a good jeweler couldn't hurt.
I have acquired a Mason's ring of a very high ranked Mason. I knew nothing about the Masons until I found
that the old rings are very desirable. If I sold it for melt I would loose a whole lot of money.
So for y'all suggesting he melt it w/o researching it might give second thought.

I was in an antique store once and seeing a bunch of tools on the floor in a box (mostly worn out files) I saw something else.
I bought it for a couple of bucks not fully knowing what it was. A little research and it was a Civil War bayonet made by Enfield and worth $250.
Research pays.

And that is what she is from the markings...

23ct, 23K or 965 stamped items are 96.5% in gold fineness. Nice gift.

...WOW, good thing the boy didn't BURY the loot...! :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back