IS THIS LEGAL???

byro007

Greenie
Feb 2, 2008
Minnesota
I went to a bank that I have an account at. I just set it up about 2 months ago. I went in there on Monday and cashed in 500.00 in halfs. Then I went in there on Thursday with 1500.00 in halfs and they said that I counldnt cash them because they had no use for them and had to sent them to the fed which cost them money. I also asked if I could bring pennies and she said no as well. Is this legal for a bank to not allow me to use the coin machine?? Thanks

Upvote 0

XX

Jan 11, 2008
bigtime400 said:
so refering to that article is that why some banks ask for your account # when you cash in some coins? only a few do that but I have never had a problem with them.

My guess is "Yes" they are trying to track your account's profitability.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigtime400 said:
so refering to that article is that why some banks ask for your account # when you cash in some coins? only a few do that but I have never had a problem with them.

That's why I usually just get cash when I cash in, they usually don't even look up my account. But when I make a deposit they have to. I figure the less they touch / look at my account the better (especially since I typ. have a low balance in it except when bills need to be paid in a day or two.)

XX

Jan 11, 2008
GMan00001 said:
bigtime400 said:

That's why I usually just get cash when I cash in, they usually don't even look up my account. But when I make a deposit they have to. I figure the less they touch / look at my account the better (especially since I typ. have a low balance in it except when bills need to be paid in a day or two.)

With the "Coinstar" type counters that print a receipt that you sign and hand to the cashier, the record has already been made, whether you get cash or deposit.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gatzdon said:
GMan00001 said:
bigtime400 said:

With the "Coinstar" type counters that print a receipt that you sign and hand to the cashier, the record has already been made, whether you get cash or deposit.

true, but at most of my banks the teller's sign the receipt not me so no record of my presence except for on camera.

monkeymann

Jan 14, 2008
I think I can honestly say at this point in my life that I am completely sick and tired of coorporate america...and this includes banks!
I now know why our forefathers didn't trust banks...or big business for that matter...look where our stupid trust in them has taken us....
We used to have the power and leverage, now its all them! Period!
I once got into an argument with a stupid teller about the sign posted next to the line I was standing in...it said interest rate return on new accounts 3%...or something like that...I piped up and said...Yea...when they use our money we only get 3% back in return...if we're lucky...
But if I go in there for a loan...god help me...based on credit score...and even a good one at that...your paying back 6% or higher...
The kid at the counter made some wiseass remark like, "Well its obvious you don't understand banking". All I could think of was, "Pull up your pants...moron!" Didn't say it mind you...but sure wanted to tell him how retarded his statement really was!!!!
Basically their doubling their money using our money to began with! What a bonch of pigs!
And Credit scores and the way they are controled and the weight some things carry on it, as well, the common man's lack of ability to be able to have adiquate say or control with things that are posted on it is a bonch of crap too!
Prime example...A guy declairs Bankrupcy...walks away smelling like a rose....
I get into a dispute with a currupt credit card company over $300.00 and next thing you know my credits crap...just over something like that. I didn't default on my house...I didn't default on my car payment...but when I dispute an unfair charge on my credit card...get into a dispute with them...my credit go's to crap.

The point is the whole system is screwed up from top to bottom!

Remember the great three liers: Lawyers, Thiefs, and Bankers...and I'll also add Real Estate agents to that list as well...I'll stop there...the list is far too long....If everyone would just stop trying to nickel and dime the poor to death as well as be honest and fair with each other, as opposed to the typical bunch of lieing, cheating and scamming pigs that they are in coorporate/government america, the world would be a much better place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread