Is this what I get for wishing for gold? Think it is real?

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID

Found this in the sand dunes - my son says that people wouldn't be able to keep most metals except gold in their mouths. I washed out what I think was some kind of denture adhesive and sand. Looks like the pointy part goes in the gum line and the bottom of the teeth has some kind of decoration. Anyway, would this be gold?

Guess this doesn't count toward the challenge Mumszie?

Attachments

• MVC-022F.JPG
    MVC-022F.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 543
  • MVC-023F.JPG
    MVC-023F.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 544
  • MVC-024F.JPG
    MVC-024F.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 553
Upvote 0

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Look good on the outside but the inside not too appealing. If you found adhesive on the inside I would say that they are real. Good Luck.
HH,
Roy

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting find..and gold is always good but why in the world would people want to wear those things?

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is gold, even if it's disgusting ;D

They call them a grill, I don't know why.

I was reading about how much they cost the individual to make because most are a custom job.

Congrats on the gold. Stick it in the treasure chest. :thumbsup:

HH

OP
OP
fldaphne

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
I wanted to find out - they were 9K gold - got gas money for them - $15. I usually put everything in my treasure chest but these were kind of yucky.

recoiljunky

Jun 10, 2007
Dothan, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Excal II
fldaphne said:
I wanted to find out - they were 9K gold - got gas money for them - $15. I usually put everything in my treasure chest but these were kind of yucky.

I would have soaked them in alcohol and kept them. I have heard of other people finding "gillz" but really, how likely is it to find them? The conversation piece would be worth more than $15 to me.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said earlier reading, it wasn't that, it was on Bay News 9. It talked about how the person had to go to a dentist to have a mold done and then they make their "grill" from that, a custom fit. I believe they said the average one costs around $500. I might be wrong on the cost, I wasn't really paying attention because I was glued to the Tnet.

HH

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax
I don't know how many fakes are out there but they are in fact all custom made. I saw a case on one of those court TV shows.

First if it was solid gold you didn't get enough for it. It would have to be at least a few grams.

The guy was suing in this case, because it didn't fit right and he didn't like the result. If memory serves the guy paid $400. but he supplied the scrap gold to build it. Some are very expensive and they put diamonds in them. Have not found one yet, but others have posted and they are usually gold.

Why do it? It is style baby! :headbang: :laughing9:

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They would give me nightmares :o

Honestly knowing it had just fallen out of someones mouth would make me sick. I would have probably sold it too. At least it will give you some gas money for the next trip.

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Print out a photo and place that in your box, when you want to talk about some strange finds.

yukonbob

Apr 27, 2008
New Port Richey, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter 300
Nice going Mom! You both found gold before me. :P
BTW one of my "friends" says that exact "grill" sells in the mall in St. Pete for $240.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread