diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do the research and you will know what they are worth. What you learn yourself can be very rewarding. More rewarding than getting others to do the legwork for you. I noticed you put a big price tag on the money clip that I id'd for you here (which is way too high btw), just because some other clown has one listed even higher. The value is actually about half of your starting price.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...-vintage-sterling-silver-money-clip-help.html

Vintage Siam Hindu Goddes Sterling Silver 925 Money Clip Very Ornate Intricate | eBay

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Do the research and you will know what they are worth. What you learn yourself can be very rewarding. More rewarding than getting others to do the legwork for you. I noticed you put a big price tag on the money clip that I id'd for you here (which is way too high btw), just because some other clown has one listed even higher. The value is actually about half of your starting price.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/398691-vintage-sterling-silver-money-clip-help.html

Vintage Siam Hindu Goddes Sterling Silver 925 Money Clip Very Ornate Intricate | eBay

I know it's high, but the way I see it is that if someone wants to give me 80 for it, great, they can have it, if not, I'd rather keep it and use it myself because it is so unique.

I was just wondering if people had a set price, or any experience dealing with Israel rings. Not for you to do the legwork. I do hours of research on the stuff I have.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I know it's high, but the way I see it is that if someone wants to give me 80 for it, great, they can have it, if not, I'd rather keep it and use it myself because it is so unique.

I was just wondering if people had a set price, or any experience dealing with Israel rings. Not for you to do the legwork. I do hours of research on the stuff I have.

Omega,

You seem like a smart and decent guy... You are missing the point here. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. I was trying to point this out to you in the thread where you advertised your ebay auctions.

We are all more than happy to help you with your finds and sales. But be tactful with how you present yourself when dealing with the people in the garage sales section.

Remember that we are a community and we take care of one another.

Your actions indicate that you are taking advantage of the community and that does not sit well with me (and others). If you wish to keep receiving FREE advice about your finds from other knowledgeable forum members, from which you are profiting, you might want to take these words into consideration.

Thanks,
-Ben

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Omega,

You seem like a smart and decent guy... You are missing the point here. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. I was trying to point this out to you in the thread where you advertised your ebay auctions.

We are all more than happy to help you with your finds and sales. But be tactful with how you present yourself when dealing with the people in the garage sales section.

Remember that we are a community and we take care of one another.

Your actions indicate that you are taking advantage of the community and that does not sit well with me (and others). If you wish to keep receiving FREE advice about your finds from other knowledgeable forum members, from which you are profiting, you might want to take these words into consideration.

Thanks,
-Ben

How exactly is he biting the hand that feeds him? How is he not being tactful when dealing with people in this section? Several members called you out on your reply to his last post which was puzzling bordering on inappropriate. Now this comment. What is your angle here? In his first post he listed his ebay store and offered everyone a discount if they wanted to buy anything. I actually took him up on his offer and plan on putting some of the items in my antique store case. He made money and I will (hopefully) make some too. Many of us here are here to make money to help pay the bills - if this part of treasure hunting bothers you then you should stop responding to these types of posts and/or Omega's posts. I have seen Omega take advice and I have seen Omega give a lot of it too - I just don't understand the need for the condescending attitude in this case.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"sterling Israel rings" is a broad topic. There are 986 completed listings for that term. Without seeing and not knowing the style of the rings I doubt anyone could answer this question for you.

sterling israel ring in Jewelry & Watches | eBay

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't pay over $2 for a sterling ring that was unsigned/unstamped from the maker and didn't have any stones.....unless it was for me and I really liked it :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread