It can’t be?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
One strong argument vis-a-vis "KGC caches" in the western US seems to indicate that much of the loot is hidden in vicinities that also include 1) a panel of the so-called "Mystery Glyph" rock carvings, 2) a nearby railroad access, and 3) close proximity to an active mining district.
Reads like accessible.
IF during cattle era it was noticed traffic.
And suspicious folks if they owned horses when strangers were trying to sneak around.
Who arrives. How they arrive. Why they're there will follow if not announced.
Old paper accounts tell of folks visitors. Obviously explaining strangers in those cases.
But it's not like hop off the train , rent a team of horses and a wagon and ride out into the desert (a convenient ways, not too far) and then return a well loaded wagon to the trains strong box.
Or do you just disappear after buying a rig outright? Then you miss using the train. But arouse suspicion.

Investigator asking .
Stationmaster. You or your crew see anything heavy loaded on the train recently? Anyone buy a ticket last week Thursday?
No , but some gentlemen that had ode in on the train bought a wagon and team at an awfully inflated price and rode away and never came back. they weren't very talkative and seemed in a hurry.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Reads like accessible.
IF during cattle era it was noticed traffic.
And suspicious folks if they owned horses when strangers were trying to sneak around.
Who arrives. How they arrive. Why they're there will follow if not announced.
Old paper accounts tell of folks visitors. Obviously explaining strangers in those cases.
But it's not like hop off the train , rent a team of horses and a wagon and ride out into the desert (a convenient ways, not too far) and then return a well loaded wagon to the trains strong box.
Or do you just disappear after buying a rig outright? Then you miss using the train. But arouse suspicion.

Investigator asking .
Stationmaster. You or your crew see anything heavy loaded on the train recently? Anyone buy a ticket last week Thursday?
No , but some gentlemen that had ode in on the train bought a wagon and team at an awfully inflated price and rode away and never came back. they weren't very talkative and seemed in a hurry.
I guess if folks are capable enough to accumulate and store a bunch of bona fide loot somewhere, they're probably also capable of retrieving it when necessary. Owning a railroad would facilitate movement. Maybe it's still waiting for someone. When today's monetary Ponzi scheme goes room temperature, the golden rule would likely kick in.

OP
OP
B

BullFrogTango

Jul 30, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TN is why I was attracted to it’s vast wealth of likeminded treasure enthusiast. I’m wired the way I am. Not sure it’s anything Im proud of. My point is though 25 of us here could sit in a 60 ft circle and observe an object in the middle for 10. Once removed we would all write down what it was we were looking at. I would be surprised if a. very high percentage of us would explain what we observed near 25 different perspectives.
Now, about distance, access and stealth.
Ill give ya my perspective with KGC cuz thats my dream catcher.
So the country coming out of the civil war was primarily east of the big muddy. Post civil war slide across to Missouri, Arkansas Texarkana . The KGC hide in plain site amongst their own. They grew in the Ozark’s and fought throughout ” The South”.
My thoughts are first they stole it primarily from the union banks, and payroll supply routes.
Then they have to create distance form robberies with over stretched, loaded down horses evading the Union and Marshall’s.

So given that hypothetical scenario
I would dip towards Kentucky and travel in to more familiar location and like minded “southerners “
But that more than likely bring them home yet.
Still tired and loaded down they would push along the trail of tears or stage coach routes and arrive back amongst their own.
Repeat , Was , Recycle.
I understand, well kinda the foundation from a mathematical perspective.
Which avails them drop it within the spiderweb equations they used and instantly they obtain a high level of OPSEC and distribution of assets.
But for Vault type decision, A KGC strength was they strongest in their own backwoods and hunting grounds.
So, it would seem that yes the sentinels where assigned overwatch, and the effort the KGC put into the multi year construction of the vaults.
That in my honest opinion KGC would keep them closer to their vest.
If by its remoteness, it was breached in say New Mexico, it would be near Impossible to engage a counter offensive in someone else’s geography and opposition‘s own People. It would be a death march.
Open to another generals standing orders.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread