It is NEVER "Hunted out" ....

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
It is NEVER "Hunted out" ....

Have been driving by a property that I hunted to death a year ago with my Bounty Hunter 505. This is the same property that yeilded my first silver coin, a 1926 Merc. Every time I drive by, I can not help but think there is "More" to be found.

EACH of the last 3 days, I have gottin up early to go over likely portions of that property with my ACE 250 to see if i can come up with any more older coins that I am SURE I must have missed last year. & EACH of the last 3 days, I proved myself right by popping a 1 wheatie a DAY.

Every Hunter has his priorities I guess. I am MORE than happy finding a wheat a day in areas I KNOW have been detected before not only by myself, but others as well. NOBODY "Gets it all", but that can't keep me from a-try'in !! :D

Upvote 0

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Re: It is NEVER "Hunted out" ....

true.a "hunted out"spot in my opinion doesn't exist.My backyard for example,me and knorrski when we get bored and stuck at the house will hit it from time to time and we have detected it at least 20-30 times and can still find a coin or two.

peace,bigrig

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola

Great finds!
In theory it ccould be hunted out....if theres no dirt left ::)

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri

That is so true. There is a place I go near my town, the coins are deep. 3 of my last 5 trips there have yielded coins. They get harder to find, but I keep turning up the adjustments as high as possible, and if I pay attention, I can usually find at least one, and it's a keeper. A little more rain to soften up the ground, and I'll be going back.

OP
OP
M

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS

rtde3 said:
True,True, True! Always something left!

I guess if anybody would know that, it would be YOU rtde3 !! ;D

I will trade you 1 1940's house location for your "Shark pit". ;)

OP
OP
M

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS

Went back again this morning to attempt to make it 4 in a row finding a Wheatie here. I failed :(

Did find 5 pennies ( all 1960-1981 ) and 2 Dimes ( 1 a 1966 .... *close* !! )

Not a total loss, but certainly better than a Church beach volleyball court I did afterwards which produced a big fat ZERO. ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions