It is with deep sorrow and sadness...........

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250. Are there others?
To inform all of you that my brother Silver_Fox (Steve) had a massive heart attack Saturday night and passed away. All efforts to revive him were unsuccessful. He was 54.

My brother leaves behind him many friends, many stories and most important of all his wife of 20+ years, a daughter, grand-daughter, mother and two brothers.

My brother in Florida and I will be flying to Calif. to be with family.

I would like to thank all of you in advance for your words and support. I will not be around a computer for the week while dealing with this unexpected tragedy.

Thank You All,
Rosco

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
What a terrible tragedy.....

Silver Fox will definitely be missed here. Condolences to his family.

Jim

Joliet Jake

May 10, 2005
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
My condolences.

He was one of the nicest, most polite people on this board.

I will miss his posts. So sorry to hear this news.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
I'm in shock.
Truly a great guy although I've never met him in person.
My prayers are with you and your family.

T

trish76642

aww so sorry for you and your family Rasco.
My heart goes out to you.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG RB!!!! I am so sorry to hear this.....totally in shock!! Steve & I talked quite a bit via e-mail and was considered a true friend. My condolences go out to you and all of his family. TN has truely lost a good man with morals and values.

Again, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and the family. He will truly be missed here. Replying to your message makes me reminence about the fun little jabs you two had going when you were more active on this site....it was fun.

Steve.....I'll miss you my friend...........God Bless...............

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Such a shock and tragic loss.........and so young too.

I will miss his pearls of wisdom, wit and sage advice.

My condolences to the family and the best advice I can offer, is to remember the good times you had together; it does help.

You were the genuine thing S_F. You will be missed by all.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May the lord hold you and yours in the palm of his hand in these troubling times. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Bob

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Sorry for your loss Rosco

Allthough we never met he and I responded to each others post. For the most part It was all good.

Except the time he ridiculed an attempt I made to document CRH' activity. LOL. But other than that one ugly post we seemed to get along just fine. And he promised to be nice on many occasions.

I did appreciate all his input and he actually gave me a reason to return to this thread almost daily . I looked forward to seeing his finds and hearing his comments.

Steve will be truly missed.

My deepest condolances. God Bless

Here's to "DREAM BOXES" and other dreams being made from the other side.

Mojo

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Utter shock! So sorry to hear of your crushing and heartbreaking loss RB.

Steve and I communicated briefly in March, we made a quick trade and I found him to be a genuine, honest person. He'll be sadly missed.

He always found a way to make his posts interesting. How appropriate that he just attained his "silver member" status. He was a tireless searcher and a model for others. CRHers in Heaven now have competition.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve will be greatly missed no doubt, he was a great guy. I will say prayers for your family

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
My heart goes out to you and all of Steve's family and friends. He will indeed be missed.

In sympathy today,
In friendship always...

PBK

50centman

Feb 25, 2008
My condolences to you and Steve's family. Life is so precious. I looked forward to his posts. May God comfort you in this time of sorrow and grief.

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Heart-felt condolences to Steve's family and friends. Silver_Fox was a real character, always quick with perceptive wisdom and wry humor. His passion was truly one of the main reasons that I have involved myself in this forum and this hobby. I am so very sorry.
- Grizz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread