it never Ends :(

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
KCM....RE: Texas: ya owe me a keyboard..
rofl.gif~original

We've had snow on the ground for a couple weeks; ice was left but snow was
about gone until last Fri and Sat...this was yesterday:

New Years Day 2017 005 a.jpg

Only about 6"..right on top of ice.

Now it's gonna get freakin' cold for a couple weeks. 14º F. at the moment,
and it's only 11pm...by early morning that'll be in single digits.

The door into my garage/shop is about 10" directly across from the door
to the house. I all but live out here in my shop, and you'd be surprised at
how fast this old fat boy can get across that 10' porch to the front door
wearing sweats, t-shirt and wool socks when it's 5º out!

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night we had a little bit of snow on the beach!
That hasn't happened in years......
Who jinxed me? 33 degrees? I'm gonna havta stop wearing shorts!!!:laughing7:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fine ... don't post in my "weather thread" :P

ijon

Greenie
Jun 28, 2015
michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 28-RC-WS5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you like your new Deus? I love mine.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night we had a little bit of snow on the beach!
That hasn't happened in years......
Who jinxed me? 33 degrees? I'm gonna havta stop wearing shorts!!!:laughing7:
That is odd.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we're still receiving snow and tourists on a daily basis. We're currently in a 'winter storm watch', which I guess means you can go outside and watch it snow on down. Temps are tolerable to me anyway; up in the twenties in the day and stayin above 0 at night. Plus I got an inside job. Actually, our biggest snows will come later on in March and April and it's that nasty wet snow. Worst storm I ever got in was on Mother's Day one year, so we maybe got a lot more to come. The worst thing about this winter so far is I'm not able to get outdoors enough, as they have us on 6 nights a week til who knows. Last week I did 77 hours, and looks like that will be the norm til after Spring Break.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well we're still receiving snow and tourists on a daily basis. We're currently in a 'winter storm watch', which I guess means you can go outside and watch it snow on down. Temps are tolerable to me anyway; up in the twenties in the day and stayin above 0 at night. Plus I got an inside job. Actually, our biggest snows will come later on in March and April and it's that nasty wet snow. Worst storm I ever got in was on Mother's Day one year, so we maybe got a lot more to come. The worst thing about this winter so far is I'm not able to get outdoors enough, as they have us on 6 nights a week til who knows. Last week I did 77 hours, and looks like that will be the norm til after Spring Break.

That's what's worrying me right now. We've already gotten more than half our normal snowfall, and it's just the beginning of January. Something tells me we're in for a lot more!

As for the storm watch, that only means that conditions are favorable for a storm to happen. If they upgrade it to a storm warning, then that means the storm is imminent.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I'm not saying the weather is "bad" here, but this is a pic of sunrise this morning:

2017.01.03 - our weather outside this morning.jpg

If you look really close, you might be able to make out the driveway. Oh...gosh darnit!! I forgot to blur out the license plate on the truck again! :tongue3:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going downhill here again Shortly.
at least if you can Believe the Weather Guessers.

lolo.jpg

2 Saturdays from now 14th. My Niece gets Married.
Odds are good we get hammered up here :(

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I share your pain; it wont be back into the 70s here until Sunday........
Don.....

HA! We won't see 70's here until maybe some time in May?

Ok guys, here's an update: It's 5:20pm, 3 JAN 2017 and it is currently -7°F and dropping fast. I went out to plow earlier even though the wind was still drifting snow. Did that because we're heading into the DEEP FREEZE until Sunday or so. (see below) So, I went out and snow scooped around the house, then fired up the plow truck. Our driveway is quite long at about 1/2 mile, and about half of that has a sharp drop-off on either side, so only about 12' width can be plowed. Well, I also have a leak in a couple of seals in the hydraulic cylinders. Ended up running out of oil at a bad time and got sucked partially down into a ditch FULL of snow! Walked back to the house in the howling winds with snow ripping across my face and got the wife, who was in the middle of baking cookies. ;D

While she bundled up, I went out and....what's this? Where's the tow strap?? Ok, never mind - I'll grab one of the chains. Hmm...where are the chains?!?!? I opened up a smaller enclosed trailer and checked in a large plastic tool box - nope, not there. Went to close the ramp/door and it wouldn't close - toolbox wouldn't push in all the way. So I pull it back out to find that my 1-year-old $55 tool box, which was SUPPOSED to be in the bed of our main truck, got busted when the door tried to close. When I pulled it out, one end of the box all but fell apart right there! Ok, so there's just one other place where I KNOW there's chain. But it's not shoveled out yet, and the wind has drifted the snow up about 26" in front of the door. Ok, where'd I put that snow shovel? Ah! Now I remember, it's in the bed of the plow truck, which is 1/4 mile away stuck in a ditch. So I went out and got the shovel, shoveled out the garage and sure enough, there's the chain I wanted. So FINALLY we get out there. Tried pulling in one direction, but didn't do so well. So got turned around and at this point, I'm pretty certain I'll have to leave the thing in the ditch until the county grader comes, then they can pull me out. But alas, it worked - got the plow truck out just purdy as you please!

Still do not realize that the plow is out of oil. So get back up to the house and start to adjust the blade - nothing. Won't lift; won't angle. So now got a huge berm of snow going down the driveway, the plow truck is back by the house but the blade has no power, my new toolbox is busted and I'm fit to be tied!! My wife hates it when things go so wrong, as I'm always a little over-the-top upset, and quite verbal about my feelings!

So anyway, am now back in where it's cozy and warm. Wife is back to baking cookies. ;D New hydraulic cylinders and additional hydraulic oil have been ordered, yet we can still get out to go to town before then - but ONLY in 4WD!! Hmm...I think there's a batch coming out of the oven now! :toothy4: So until next time, I bid you all g'day. :occasion14:

2017.01.03 - weather forecast.jpg

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in my town north of Denver it hit a high of 64° yesterday. It felt like it was 80° under our mile high sun. The lows are in the mid 20s. It's all down hill from there now and the artic air is on the way and due here by early next week. That's the way it is here. Up & Down all winter long.
What's that old phrase they teach the new Denverites? "If you don't like the weather just wait 10 minutes." Always liked Englewood. Most of the storms would come over the Rockies, miss us and slam the bejeebers out of Aurora. Dang! now that I'm thinking of it! I better start digging out my long pants! :tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's that old phrase they teach the new Denverites? "If you don't like the weather just wait 10 minutes." Always liked Englewood. Most of the storms would come over the Rockies, miss us and slam the bejeebers out of Aurora. Dang! now that I'm thinking of it! I better start digging out my long pants! :tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:
Got up to 64 this last week. Seems like a cycle of high and low temps every 7 or 8 days until mid February and then it says cold for a good 3 to 4 weeks I think?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got up to 64 this last week. Seems like a cycle of high and low temps every 7 or 8 days until mid February and then it says cold for a good 3 to 4 weeks I think?
now.jpg
hours.jpg

Yea. last Weather Guesser here said We may get to 60 by thursday, But
rain & ice starts Tuesday, Turns to Rain & doesn't stop till it turns back to rain & ice all weekend.

This one doesn't even Mention near 60

& as you can see It washes the Crap away & adds more

Untit.jpg

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strangely enough, most of us locals here in the mountains were remarking on what a spring day we were having. The last couple of days have been like May, with temps up to 40 today and heavy snow. Not a good thing, as it's that nasty wet snow that's hard to drive on. About 5-8 more inches of snow forecast for tonight, more on thru Friday, but overnight lows not much below the 20's. Should be a lot colder.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, our forecast is showing that we'll be in the high teens and 20's above zero next week. ......I'll believe it when I see it. Dang!, if this ain't been the most continually cold winter we've had in many years! Makes me furious what all that Global Warming is doing to our weather!! :cussing: :laughing7:

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We will be slapping mosquitoes if it keeps up. Was 68 here. These early springs have made summer drought like last year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions