It should have been a Timex... :)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,,,
We, DaveDigs and I, went back to Ol' faithful last week. I found this neat little "Elgin" watch and one wheat penny. This particular park usually always gives us at least a wheatie. :) Dave ended up with a total of 3, or 4 wheats for the day. The watch was found at a depth of just a few inches down and reads, " Elgin / 3 ATM / Japan Mov't ", and also has labels for the buttons on the side. The back reads, " BASE METAL BEZEL / STAINLESS STEEL BACK / WATER RESISTANCE 3 ATM / ELGIN / FX211-007 / T480 / SR927W ". I figured it being water resistant to (3) atmospheres it just might work, NOT... I cleaned it up, opened it up, and let it dry out for a few days as it had just a small amount of condensation under the bezel... Spent $5 on a battery and noth'n...
It should have been a Timex... :)

If anyone has any info on it, I would appreciate it, Date manufactured, etc... Having the LCD screen, I would guess it's not very old...

Hope ya all have been able to get out and had some luck, Happy hunting~

Attachments

• Elgin.jpg
    Elgin.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 881
Upvote 0

tabfinder

Jul 9, 2006
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Nocta Simplex
I don't think it would be a high dollar watch......but cool non the less. Find a ROLEX!!

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Leon,
Nice watch find! Too bad it doesn't work. I recall Elgins from when I was a child in the 50s and 60s. They were a nice middle class watch. Elgin has a site with a little history. Their first wristwatch was made in 1910, and they quit making them in 1964, though they do still repair them. Your's looks to be about 1920-30s. I couldn't find an exact match, but browsing pics of others, that's where I would put it. Congrats!
- Noodle

T

Txtreasure

umm,, dont mean to be causing disention buttt.......a battery operated watch with a small digital display on the bottom?? really doubt if its from the 20's or 30's... or ?? fill in the blank.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
You know what? You've got a huge point there. :D :D I didn't even look at the face; I was looking at the frame. Well, whenever it was made, it was heavily worn. Looks old from the wear, and the design, too. Thanks for the slap. ;D ;D -Noodle

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice watch Leon! I would put a new bettery in and see what happens. :)

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks all,,,
I have tried the watch over, & over again, Noth'n... It just wont give another tic, or toc... ;D
Looks like it will end up with the rest of the junk...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions