Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had been thinking I would never find a rosie. Heck this year I found 2 mercs. But always finding 1965 on the Roosevelt's. Today that changed 1964! I had to go to the next town over to find it.

20161007_123939.jpg 20161007_124024.jpg

My next signal was a 1957 wheatie.

20161007_170550.jpg

I even found a copper memorial under a bottle cap. (Love the Etrac!)

20161007_150221.jpg

I know this is no big deal for most of you, but where I live with hunted out parks it's like finding a gold ring.
Thanks for looking!

20161007_170541.jpg

Upvote 28

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's crazy when finding something others find routinely, makes you jump with joy. It took me two years to find a silver quarter, and I had walked over the spot discounting it as "Unlikely to have anything relevant" , at least a half dozen times. I eventually found my first.

Congrats,

HH
MariposaGold.

Last edited:

Zachbl92

Nov 8, 2015
Quinton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro, Teknetics G2+, Garret AT pinpointer, deteknix xpointer, gray ghost originals
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats in your first silver man! Best of luck finding some more! Maybe even gold! Best of luck and happy hunting!

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats in your first silver man! Best of luck finding some more! Maybe even gold! Best of luck and happy hunting!
Thanks! Actually I found 3 gold rings this year. I have found gold every year I have been detecting. Averaging over an ounce of silver a year. Found 2 Mercs this year too. Rosie had been more elusive.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, in one year plus, I've found less than 10 silver coins........our area has been hunted over and over since the 70's. Talking to the old timers who hunted back then makes me crazy when they describe the multitude of finds they've had. But.......they didn't get it all!!! It's out there.............

P.S. I'm still looking for my first gold ring.........found plenty of silver rings and jewelry..........just gotta keep swingin' and find the right spot!!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first silver Rosie Mike. Glad you can take that one off of your list.

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike, in one year plus, I've found less than 10 silver coins........our area has been hunted over and over since the 70's. Talking to the old timers who hunted back then makes me crazy when they describe the multitude of finds they've had. But.......they didn't get it all!!! It's out there.............

P.S. I'm still looking for my first gold ring.........found plenty of silver rings and jewelry..........just gotta keep swingin' and find the right spot!!

Chizzy, The same is true for here. I bought my first digger and pinpointer from an old timer who was getting out of detecting. He showed me his collection of silver he found. He had books filled with his mounted finds. And he told a story of an old timer here who has many quart jars filled with silver. and that is just 2 guys! So any time I find a silver I feel lucky and that I got one the old timers missed.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Mike! Sometimes I forget how good I have it here on the east coast in an area that had settlement in 1607. I truly admire your no quit attitude and persevering until you nailed that first silver. Hope you find many more my friend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread