It took 4 years, but today I found my first FATTY

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after some BIG disappointments the past couple days at the Iron City Field, digging 11-12/43-44s only to find copper/brass fittings of some sort, and then one Screaming 11/45, 12/46-47 repeating on the 90, I was expecting at least an LC, but letting my mind race I envisioned my first Seated, only to uncover another brass/copper tubing end cap..........
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif

Today I tried to gain permission at a field that will probably go upwards of 500 plus acres, my map shows 4 homesteads and an old road through this property. Well one of the sites is reserved for the property owner's grandson's friend....... The other 3 sites including the old road, Permission Granted!! (2 different land owners) I found one site and worked it a couple of hours, finding my very first Fatty Indian! As usual the fertilizers/chemicals have taken a toll, I can't even get a date, the best I can make out is 1861 or 1864. The land owner also told me about another homestead on a different property I could hunt also. Before the day was over it was 25 degrees and not suppose to be above freezing for the next 3-4 days. So I will finish my brief 2014 season (hunting during school break) with my first fatty and permission at 4 new field sites!

Everyone have a great and safe new year!
Thanks for looking, Bill

Attachments

• photo (60).JPG
    photo (60).JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 175
  • photo (61).JPG
    photo (61).JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 22
OP
OP
Metal Illness

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always nice to cross one off the list. Way to go!

Yes it is Bill, but my list is much bigger now than it ever was after seeing so many great finds here by T-net members! lol There is much more on the un-checked list than the checked list, but that is ok, that's what keeps us swinging our coils!!!! Thanks for the kudos!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found my first fatty about 23 years ago..... divorced her in 2002.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a tough coin to find. I think it still has quite a bit of detail and would benefit greatly from a mineral oil soaking. Just let it soak for a week, pull it out and lightly brush it with a toothbrush. Put it back in for another week and repeat as often as you feel is necessary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions