It Took a While But I Finally Found my First State Copper :)

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyways, one thing that I have been annoyed about is not finding a state copper, anyways, today I was going to try some grass plains that were cow fields and had houses on them in the 1700's when I saw that there were a bunch of people hanging out there. I decided to try some woods, they looked tiny and trashy at first, when I got there I noticed that there was no trash so I gave it a try. I quickly got a dime signal on my metal detector, I dug and found a wheatie, three feet away under some vines I got a very high signal, 87 on my T2. I dig a little and stuck the pinpointer in the hole, it beeps loud. Then I see a green disk fall from the side of the hole. I see what looks like a design of weird lines on it, I throw it in my pouch hoping for it to be something cool. I try some more for another hour finding nothing put shotgun shells and foil plus an aluminum or titanium bottle opener.

When I got home after some cleaning I saw a shield, then some letter on the other side. Next I saw the plow and this morning after some more soaking in oil I saw the horses head. I'm happy to say that this is my first New Jersey Copper. It is in pretty rough shape but still IDable.

IMG_20150531_081233.jpgIMG_20150531_081337.jpg

Thanks for Looking!

Last edited:
Upvote 19
I understand your frustration with state coppers, as I'm still awaiting my first one too. Congrats on finding a nice bucket list coin.

Congrats on a really nice find.

Here in NC we don't find many (read: absolutely ZERO) of those. GL&HH!

That would be a dream find for me and my son! Love the coins you all find out your way.

Great state copper:thumbsup: Still looking for one

Nice one! I haven't had any luck with finding a NJ Copper myself.

Congrats on your first state copper, Sweet!

Sweet find.
I just got my first one today. It's in kinda' the same shape as your but to me they're gorgeous.

Congrats.

Nice copper...sure feels good reaching those goals!

Awesome! I am still looking for one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back