Gold stater, story complete.

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Sold the gold stater at auction yesterday. Here is the full id. Corieltauvi- North East Coast- Gold Stater.
Horse left type, NE 5-6, Wreath, cloak and crescents. Rev: horse left with pellet below, eye above head and pellets before and above zig-zag and pellets exergue line. 6.21 grams. Only one other specimen recorded from the dies. Price realized £1,240 including buyers premium.

Robert.

Upvote 8

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice results Robert, it'll help put some petrol in the tank for sometime to come.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome Rob, congrats! You would think something that rare would have brought a few more pounds. I don't get as much as I used to and I haven't found anything great for awhile. I was in Lithuania a few weeks ago and detected an old Russian army post, found a cool 1841 Russian Kopek and a few modern coins and uniform pieces. HH, Mike

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great result Rob....congrats buddy

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
That's awesome Rob, congrats! You would think something that rare would have brought a few more pounds. I don't get as much as I used to and I haven't found anything great for awhile. I was in Lithuania a few weeks ago and detected an old Russian army post, found a cool 1841 Russian Kopek and a few modern coins and uniform pieces. HH, Mike
Hello Mike, nice to hear from you. can't really complain price wise, after all got it for free.:laughing7:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that was a bit over top money - lucky result me thinks! - Congrats!

Limey-digger

Jan 17, 2015
Roamin with the Romans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England