Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My personal best streak of finding silver coins on 5 consecutive hunting days has ended. I was very optimistic of finding at least one more while finishing up the wheatie yard, but it was not to be. I only managed to muster 3 more wheats and a 190? IHP. I then set my sights on the excavation site at the park, but got skunked again, finding 3 more wheats and a couple of plated rings.........

2018 05 18 1 of 3.jpg

So, today I began a new permission........I should have passed. more than half the yard was ash/junk pit and held no treasures.......not even an interesting relic. Disappointed, I decided to break out the Compadre and head to a small park that was in the same neighborhood. 10 minutes in to the hunt a ring popped out of the grass at 3 inches. It appeared to be gold, but I've been fooled before. Back in the car, I pulled out the magnifier and sure enough......10K!! Satisfied, I drove home to show the wife. She was still out running errands, so I decided to poke around a deserted park that has been pounded over the years.......including by me. I'd found a few goodies there the past couple of years, IHPs, old wheats, silver nickels......never did I expect to see this.

2018 05 18 2 of 3.jpg

A second gold ring!?!?! Yup........

2018 05 18 3 of 3.jpg

Maybe I can start a new and different streak?

Thanks for lookin' in and good luck to everyone on your hunts!

Upvote 28
OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy::notworthy: YOU, are the man!

Nah, Terry. Just another plodder getting lucky. Just think about it.......if my wife had been home, I may have shown her the 1st ring and never gone out again to find the 2nd one!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now for the gold withdrawals! I found five gold rings in one month...that was 2 years ago now I believe and haven't found another one since. Hope your gold streak continues

This is 5 gold rings in 3 years for me......gave the first one back to it's owner, had the 2nd one repaired for my wife (she really liked it).......at least now I have 3 to do with as I please!! :laughing7: Thanks, dirtlooter......and, there are more rings out there for you!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just can't get over you found them both with the Compadre!!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just can't get over you found them both with the Compadre!!:thumbsup:

I really like that machine.......dunno what it is, but I "hear" much better with it. Just wish it had more depth.............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread