It was a Beautiful Morning! First Gold Ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Hit the beach around 6 a.m. this morning. It was about 1/2 past dead high tide. I usually like working the wet sand at dead low, but was jonesing to detect :)

Got down to the high tide line and started swinging just below the seaweed line. In less than 5 minutes I got a nice hit. Dug around 6" and pulled up a Hotwheel car! :D

Filled in the hole and started again. About 3 minutes later I got a hit and it sounded like a nickel, or pull tab. Started diggin and found my first gold ring, with about a 1/2 carat diamond!! :D :D :o :o I was like I was on another planet or something, couldn't think straight LOL!

Put it in my pouch and didn't find much more except a few pennies, and some trash, but at that point I didn't care. I kept thinkin about the ring, then started gettin greedy and was thinkin how nice it would be to get another. Didn't find another after huntin for a total of 2 hours.

As I was driving home I kept takin it outta my pouch looking at it. Took some pictures at home, then went to my friend pawn shop to check the diamond with his diamond tester. Wouldn't you know it was a CZ!! I was a little disappointed, but still real happy about finding my first gold ring, although it was 10k, neverless GOLD!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Attachments

• MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 349
  • MVC-014S.JPG
    MVC-014S.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 364
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait till I find my first valuable gold ring.

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 295
  • gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 291
F

Floater

B E A U TIFUL !!! Nice going Surf. You really put in your time so far and its payin off. Congratulations. HH Let s hit Hallandale this weekend. Give me a shout. HH

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is gold is gold!

Nice find surfrat!

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
WTG nice ring there buddy!!!!!! Did ya do any cartwheels when ya found it?....crackin one openn.....this buds for you! Mind if I have the tab? lol Congrads on the ring, good luck on your next hunt!

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Surfrat, looks like you hit a good target even if it wasn't a real diamond. Like you said, can't complain about the gold huh. One thing would have been interesting to see is the smile on your face, bet it went from ear to ear huh?

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Cool ring Rat! Are those stones on both sides of the CZ? Nice ring no matter what....& Gold Is Gold!!! Keep doin' what you're doin'~CO2 ;D

Boston Baked Bean

Tenderfoot
May 15, 2005
Surfrat are you certain that it is not a diamond? I just find it odd that a CZ would be put on to a 10k band, usually costume jewlery is not real gold, but I am new to this so I could be compleatly wrong, but lets hope your friend was instead
BBB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread