It was a Beautiful Morning! First Gold Ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Hit the beach around 6 a.m. this morning. It was about 1/2 past dead high tide. I usually like working the wet sand at dead low, but was jonesing to detect :)

Got down to the high tide line and started swinging just below the seaweed line. In less than 5 minutes I got a nice hit. Dug around 6" and pulled up a Hotwheel car! :D

Filled in the hole and started again. About 3 minutes later I got a hit and it sounded like a nickel, or pull tab. Started diggin and found my first gold ring, with about a 1/2 carat diamond!! :D :D :o :o I was like I was on another planet or something, couldn't think straight LOL!

Put it in my pouch and didn't find much more except a few pennies, and some trash, but at that point I didn't care. I kept thinkin about the ring, then started gettin greedy and was thinkin how nice it would be to get another. Didn't find another after huntin for a total of 2 hours.

As I was driving home I kept takin it outta my pouch looking at it. Took some pictures at home, then went to my friend pawn shop to check the diamond with his diamond tester. Wouldn't you know it was a CZ!! I was a little disappointed, but still real happy about finding my first gold ring, although it was 10k, neverless GOLD!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Attachments

• MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 350
  • MVC-014S.JPG
    MVC-014S.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 365
Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice ring,,, WTG!!!
Haven't had the pleasure of any real gold yet. All I have found is gold plated...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Thanks all for all the nice remarks! It definitly pumps you up and encourages me to go out more!!

Colorado2: Yes, both stones on the sides are also cz

Boston Baked Beans: Yeah, I'm sure they're not real diamonds. I used a professional diamond tester on them :(

Floater: Hallandale beach sounds good this weekend! I'll call you tonight! I'm gonna try and drive up there this afternoon to see if we can hunt around the dredge pipe.

HH 8) surfrat

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find, bummer bout not being the real thing stone wise. Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread