BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi folks,

Well, the snow has FINALLY melted in the Champlain Valley and the ground has thawed enough that I bit the bullet yesterday by enduring 40 mph wind gusts for my first hunt of the year. It's been too long (last hunt on Dec 1, 2018). Joined up with Gold Panner and in talking with him discovered we share several old permissions in a town south of me about 45 minutes. We hit 3 new sites, then returned to my honey field from last year to wrap the day up. All and all about 6 hours of hunting. The second site proved most productive and coughed up several nice silver-washed dandy buttons and my first copper of the year - a no-date KG II Hibernia half penny (~ 1736 - 1760). Of course, the old honey hole gave me 5 more buttons (that place never seems to completely dry up), one which had a nice little Star of David pattern on it. Lots of "dots on the map" to check out over the coming 6 weeks before the crops get planted. Definitely looking forward to another productive year! Thanks for taking a look.

John

Wide shot.png buttons.png Star of David button.png KG II Hibernia obverse.png KG II Hibernia reverse.png

Upvote 15

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group of buttons, congrats!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the nice finds! :occasion14:

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like the big copper. I've dug large cents but still waiting for a Colonial.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt & nice buttons, the Star of David is awesome, nice 1/2 penny, congratulations on all the saves.
G.A.Pmetal and I hunted in those winds Wednesday, they were wild out in the open fields GL & HH

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those dandy buttons came out great. Good luck on getting a positive id on the coin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread