It was in the 2nd year of the CONFEDERATE WAR...

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SIMPLE DSN...? NO copies around here... your "French connections" in DSN...?

It's all just unsupported theory, which I think says a lot given the 125 years or so of searching by thousands of capable researchers. It makes no sense that nothing significant has been located in all of this effort and time. Big money always leaves a trail and yet there isn't one. Also, far too many people required to leave no trail or connecting referencing of the events. Sometimes we just have to suck it up and take a good hard look at the facts. In this case everything points to a simple dime novel.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It's all just unsupported theory, which I think says a lot given the 125 years or so of searching by thousands of capable researchers. It makes no sense that nothing significant has been located in all of this effort and time. Big money always leaves a trail and yet there isn't one. Also, far too many people required to leave no trail or connecting referencing of the events. Sometimes we just have to suck it up and take a good hard look at the facts. In this case everything points to a simple dime novel.

HA! Do ppl REALLY know what they are looking for...? RAW Gold/Silver & Jewelry... Gold/Silver Coins & Jewelry... Gold/Silver Bars & Jewelry...? EH!

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I must say that this must be a totally diffrent mystery. This is not the Beale Treasure at all. You must be on to something but it has not one thing to do with the Beale Papers.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must say that this must be a totally diffrent mystery. This is not the Beale Treasure at all. You must be on to something but it has not one thing to do with the Beale Papers.

You're living the illusion, my friend. There are some cold hard facts that make your claims of solution impossible. These you will learn in time the hard way just as many of us before you have done. "You can't possible have an accurate solution to the presented ciphers." There, my friend, is the brilliance of the Beale pamphlet ciphers and story. Make no mistake, time will prove this fact to you. :thumbsup:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you think that Den has the same problem as you say I do. My work shall be looked at one day. Just not by a TV show like that last one. LOL
You do not get a degree in Archaeology by watching TV. I worked the ciphers a long time. Now they are working for me. One day my friend you may see what I have, one day.

"Time will tell." Not sure what a degree in archaeology has to do with ciphers, or their construction? However, there are some general rules in the American language and alphabet usage that must be followed in order to create grammatically correct writings. There's a reason why "nobody" has been able to produce a 100% grammatically correct solution for C1. Not even the most sophisticated computer programs in the world. But then again I could just be talking a lot of hot air, right. Or maybe not.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It could be that they have concentrated on the 1817-1823 period mentioned in the Beale Papers story, and not on events after the "2nd year of the Confederate War", or the Risqué extended family bloodline connection, or the April, 1865 events at Danville when the Confederate treasury was there with Davis and his cabinet, when Benjamin gave Hutter (Risqué family and a cousin to Ward) his personal copy of CSA codebook-Vattel's LAW OF NATIONS.
Hutter was a VMI alumni, and there was MI involvement in moving the CSA treasury.Then we have R E Lee staying at Pascal Buford's Locust Level home during the summer of 1867.
Sure it could all be speculative coincidence, but again the Beale Papers was published 20 years after the fall of Richmond, and Lynchberg was briefly the Confederate capitol.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It could be that they have concentrated on the 1817-1823 period mentioned in the Beale Papers story, and not on events after the "2nd year of the Confederate War", or the Risqué extended family bloodline connection, or the April, 1865 events at Danville when the Confederate treasury was there with Davis and his cabinet, when Benjamin gave Hutter (Risqué family and a cousin to Ward) his personal copy of CSA codebook-Vattel's LAW OF NATIONS.
Hutter was a VMI alumni, and there was MI involvement in moving the CSA treasury.Then we have R E Lee staying at Pascal Buford's Locust Level home during the summer of 1867.
Sure it could all be speculative coincidence, but again the Beale Papers was published 20 years after the fall of Richmond, and Lynchberg was briefly the Confederate capitol.

ECS, "speculative coincidence"...? Nah... FACTS!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And all of this is relative to the Beale pamphlet how? That's my point, the same being true of my own theory. It has all been created by the minds of men, nothing more, and no actual connection to the story at all. Not a single piece of evidence survives anywhere in support of the story and most likely there's a reason for that.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... The same being true of my own theory. It has all been created by the minds of men, nothing more, and no actual connection to the story at all. Not a single piece of evidence survives anywhere in support of the story and most likely there's a reason for that.
I agree with you on this point. Evidence to prove the Beale expedition in the story is non existent, but parallels to other expeditions and events seem to have been utilized in the Beale tale by the "unknown author/s", whose purpose was either a western/treasure dime novel with ciphers, or a "cover" story for another event.
There is no denying the familiar connection of the names Buford and Morriss used in the story by the copyright holder, publisher, and printer/advertiser of the Beale Papers, nor that it was advertised for sale ONLY in Lynchberg, Bedford county, Virginia(POPULATION of BEDFORD COUNTY: 1820-19,305; 1860-25,068; 1890-31,213).

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with you on this point. Evidence to prove the Beale expedition in the story is non existent, but parallels to other expeditions and events seem to have been utilized in the Beale tale by the "unknown author/s", whose purpose was either a western/treasure dime novel with ciphers, or a "cover" story for another event.
There is no denying the familiar connection of the names Buford and Morriss used in the story by the copyright holder, publisher, and printer/advertiser of the Beale Papers, nor that it was advertised for sale ONLY in Lynchberg, Bedford county, Virginia(POPULATION of BEDFORD COUNTY: 1820-19,305; 1860-25,068; 1890-31,213).

Ya, not like they wrote it down somewere. Small towns were a lot of people used the family to help them eh.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
And all of this is relative to the Beale pamphlet how? That's my point, the same being true of my own theory. It has all been created by the minds of men, nothing more, and no actual connection to the story at all. Not a single piece of evidence survives anywhere in support of the story and most likely there's a reason for that.

Eh...? "It was in the SECOND year of the CONFEDERATE WAR"... it IS in the Beale PAPERS! TWO original copies of the Beale PAPERS pamphlet STILL exist in PRIVATE "collections"; PV had access to ONE of 'em to COPY for his book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW History of a Mystery... Chapt. 3, pg. 22-44. Read it and WEEP! WHO wants to be the NEXT "BEALIONAIRE...? (THANKS, PV!) LOL!

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, not like they wrote it down somewere. Small towns were a lot of people used the family to help them eh.

It's wishful thinking. The number of people involved and the amount of wealth involved simply requires that other references to this wealth and undertaking would have existed. Thirty men had far too much to loose, also time away from their families and homes would have been noticed, this being especially true if they all just up an vanished without a trace. And these are just two absent curiosities/conditions of many. We want to believe in these super secret undertakings but we never find any reference to them beyond that first reference, such as with the Beale Pamphlet. The story was created and presented to us by a man, and from here it has also grown due to the creative minds of men, but that is all that has fueled it's growth, just wishful thinking, speculation, and more creativity. There is absolutely nothing in support of the tale when very clearly there should be. As a result we have people chasing a mystery that very likely never existed in the first place beyond what appeared in a simple dime novel.

Here's a question for you....if the story was never intended to be a work for profit then why copyright it at all as there would be no reason to. So very clearly the story was published with the hope of profit. This sort of counters what the unknown author author says was his reason for publishing the story. Very clearly someone was looking to make a buck with the publishing of the pamphlet. When you look at all the advertising for the pamphlet you also have to think in terms of dollars/expense. Not very likely that someone would invest that much money into the advertising of a pamphlet if there was no hope for return profits, unless the paper itself (Sherman) absorbed the cost of all that advertising with the hope of promoting the sale of the pamphlet. There is quite a bit that points to a simple dime novel, the two remaining ciphers also included in this pile of evidence.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It was in the 3rd year of the Confederate War, that US Gen Grant ordered US Gen David Hunter to loot. pillage, and burn the Confederate "bread basket" of the Shenandoah Valley. Hunter's Union troops entered Virginia, June 1864, looted and burned VMI, taking the statue of George Washington, and proceeded to Bedford county, where they met resistance from CSA Gen John McCausland and his troops. McCausland delayed Hunter's troops from moving onto Lynchberg, which enabled CSA Gen Robert E Lee to send CSA Gen Jubal Early to Lynchberg. Hunter's Union troops did invade Lynchberg, and continued their looting and burning, also occupying Hutter's Sandusky home. Early, a distant cousin of the Risqué family bloodline by way of Buford, finally repelled the Union invasion at the Battle of Lynchberg.
Hunter's Raid - The Lynchburg Campaign: The Story of General David Hunter's 1864 Raid
What has this to do with the Beale Papers?
9 1/2 months later, Richmond fell, and the Confederate treasury was on the move on the Danville train.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was in the 3rd year of the Confederate War, that US Gen Grant ordered US Gen David Hunter to loot. pillage, and burn the Confederate "bread basket" of the Shenandoah Valley. Hunter's Union troops entered Virginia, June 1864, looted and burned VMI, taking the statue of George Washington, and proceeded to Bedford county, where they met resistance from CSA Gen John McCausland and his troops. McCausland delayed Hunter's troops from moving onto Lynchberg, which enabled CSA Gen Robert E Lee to send CSA Gen Jubal Early to Lynchberg. Hunter's Union troops did invade Lynchberg, and continued their looting and burning, also occupying Hutter's Sandusky home. Early, a distant cousin of the Risqué family bloodline by way of Buford, finally repelled the Union invasion at the Battle of Lynchberg.
Hunter's Raid - The Lynchburg Campaign: The Story of General David Hunter's 1864 Raid
9 1/2 months later, Richmond fell, and the Confederate treasury was on the move on the Danville train.

Well there you go....now we know what's in C4. :laughing7:

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

HOWEVER! The "Richmond Stores" were sent to Lynchburg, Va.; STATE capital of VIRGINIA for FOUR days in April, 1865, via a SECRET train from Burkeville, Va. THIS is the "Beale Treasure", as indicated in the Beale PAPERS. In FACT, Old City Cemetery near 5th Street, has a plaque indicating that the Beale Treasure is buried there (I know where); City employees just didn't dig down DEEP enough. Train continued on (Virginia & Tennessee Railroad) to Thaxton Switch (Thaxton, Va.) & off-loaded MORE CSA Treasury portion for Virginia, in a barn (to be used as needed). THEN, 3rd "part" was sent up to Lexington, Va. for VMI. DEAL WITH IT!

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
FURTHER, EMPTY coffins were used to carry the GOLD/SILVER coins & jewelry donated by SOUTHERN Ladies (for the REBEL "cause"); stated to be "war deads"... buried in various cemeteries (CONFEDERATE SECTIONS), and in a BARN in Bedford County, Va.; PROBABLY owned by CSA 1st Lt. Newton Hazlewood (of the HART PAPERS). The Hart Brothers looked for it; even visited JB Ward about the Beale PAPERS.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I find so interesting and so obvious in all of these local lore theories is the simple adopting of unrelated local resources themselves. As prime example of this local love connection it strikes me that none of this local love connection includes the names Jackson, Coles, Witcher, Clay, Marshall, all of these being names that are actually mentioned in the Beale pamphlet and therefore they can be directly connected to the tale. Instead, local lore has managed to grasp hold individuals who never come in contact with the tale in anyway whatsoever. I think this is a huge tell-tell in explaining how the local love connection continues to keep things rooted in just the local lore of it all. Instead of utilizing names that can be directly connected to the tale this local love affair has created lore surrounding local individuals who can't even be associated with the tale. A very strange and hugely suspect circumstance indeed.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread