It was in the 2nd year of the CONFEDERATE WAR...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Big Brother is watching. :laughing7: You won't find us listed, but we are the USHTWA....."United States Hidden Treasure Watch & Authority." Look for us in the Bedford area, dark sunglasses, black suits, etc.,.....you know the deal.

Don't worry; NOT gonna get yer Pot Patches, nor Meth Labs... WAS a BIG Meth Lab "bust" in Montvale, Va. years ago; THOSE ppl are "armed & dangerous"!

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry; NOT gonna get yer Pot Patches, nor Meth Labs... WAS a BIG Meth Lab "bust" in Montvale, Va. years ago; THOSE ppl are "armed & dangerous"!

We don't care about that stuff, other agencies take of that small stuff. Just don't get too close to us, buddy, we are everywhere! :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I can "walk the grounds" alluded to in BOTH the "BE" & CONFEDERATE WAR aspects of this "mystery"... so can Franklin; SO!
"From Bufords,travel west on the trail that leads to Fincastle.On the trail to Fincastle,you cross Day Creek at one mile from Bufords.Cross over the creek and go..."

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"From Bufords,travel west on the trail that leads to Fincastle.On the trail to Fincastle,you cross Day Creek at one mile from Bufords.Cross over the creek and go..."

"....and keep looking!" :laughing7:

K

Kentucky Kache

BUT! I can do I & R in the research libraries; I can "walk the grounds" alluded to in BOTH the "BE" & CONFEDERATE WAR aspects of this "mystery"... so can Franklin; SO!

I can walk the area around Fort Knox, but that don't mean I can get any gold.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ECS, that road to Fincastle, Va. is now a US Forest Service "Fire Road"...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NOW! Gonna take Peter Viemeister's books on the "BT", one-by-one: FIRST book, THE BEALE TREASURE: A History of a Mystery followed the "story", as in the BEALE PAPERS. Chapt. 15, pg 195-206 DOES have Ferdinand C. Hutter (CSA) as "possible" unknown author. READ IT! BTW, PV (RIP) was the Prez of the Bedford City/County Historical Society (Bedford, Va.) and "PRIVY" to family "info", documents, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
PV's (RIP) second book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW History of a Mystery had a photo-copy of the BEALE PAPERS (loaned to him by a Ward descendant), and MORE info on Ferdinand C. Hutter (CSA)... & the Mexican War, the CONFEDERATE WAR, and the Confederacy (Chapt. 22, pg 166-173); Chapt. 20, pg 157-163... F.C. Hutter). PV also had many other "possible scenarios" covered.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
FINALLY, PV (RIP) gave us CONFEDERATE TREASURE COVERUP: Duty, Honor, and Deceit... ALL CSA/VMI, etc!
Confederate Treasure Coverup It was the RAGLAND family, NOT the Rugerman Family; WONDERFUL to be a "local", reading FACTIONS... knowing who-is-who. AND! FURTHER R & I indicate that the RAGLAND family is "geno-connected" to the HUTTER family. GETTING BETTER!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NOW! Will SOON "cover" other "locals", who "know", OR... they MAY just "show up". DUNNO!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There are several sites out there, such as the one you suggested, that are loaded with favorable speculation. I wouldn't put too much stock in these websites you find online. Nearly all of them lack referenced/credible evidence,documents, etc., or any manner of physical proof supporting their theories or speculations. You would be much better off gaining access to the various archives, both American and foreign, and the personal records and correspondences (collections) from the era of those individuals and entities you wish to investigate. :icon_thumright: There is a ton of interesting info out there.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
THAT web-site DOES have a "local", who had a book/cassette tape out; E. J. Easterling, IN SEARCH OF A GOLDEN VAULT: The Beale Treasure Mystery. I have an autographed copy of his book; he IS from WESTERN Bedford County, I think. Read E. J.'s review of Doc M's 2 Vol. set on that web-site... enlightening! MANY years of R & I !

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with this statement; "There has been and endless stream of very thorough local research conducted on the Beale mystery. None of it has ever turned up one spot of physical evidence in regards to the existence of Thomas J. Beale. Nor has any of it ever turned up one spot of physical evidence that the grand adventure ever took place, not once, but twice." If you trust the abilities of these numerous local researchers then the above facts alone should tell you something quite obvious.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
THAT web-site DOES have a "local", who had a book/cassette tape out; E. J. Easterling, IN SEARCH OF A GOLDEN VAULT: The Beale Treasure Mystery. I have an autographed copy of his book; he IS from WESTERN Bedford County, I think. Read E. J.'s review of Doc M's 2 Vol. set on that web-site... enlightening! MANY years of R & I !
That is why I posted that link instead of many other outbloodyrageous and over speculative sites.There is a lot of solid information on that site,and yes,some speculative.
Thought it would be useful to the discussion.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of the posted website's arguments are even without any foundation or logic. And some of his conclusions are, well....

[FONT=verdana,geneva]"Several arguments were given as proof of proposition 1. Two separate and independent arguments were given as proof of proposition 2. Together, propositions 1 and 2 serve as proof that the treasure story is likely to be true.[/FONT]" .....laughable! His entire argument in arriving at this conclusion is based on uncertainties and speculation,....and yet the end result is that, "it's likely to be true." :laughing7: On top of this, as far as I can tell, the majority of his personal research has been absorbed through the writings and speculations of other authors as he is constantly referencing them. I think I'll past on that site's, "good info".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread