2.2 MB · Views: 41

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet.

Note that at the bottom, it says this is a “preshade”. That’s the term for a piece of fabric preprinted with an outline design typically produced as a pattern for embroidery and needlepoint work. In this case, what you have was produced for what was popularly known as “liquid embroidery”. Instead of following the design with wool or thread, you coloured it in with paints supplied in tubes that had a ball-point applicator at the top. Kind of like “painting by numbers” except the design didn’t have numbered areas and was on fabric rather than board. Yours has already been coloured in.

I believe the “R.N. No. 30581” is the producing company’s registration number. I’m not sure who that is, but I think it will be either “Tri-Chem” or “Artex”, who were the leading producers of these hobbyist kits during the 1960s and 1970s. If you Google that registration number it turns up other native American artworks such as “Wind And The Warrior”; religious scenes such as “Candle, Bell and Bible”; nature scenes such as “Deer in the Woods”, “Heading for Cover” and Woodland Wonder”; scenic views such as “Winter Mill Run”; and even psychedelic pop-art such as this one, titled “I Wove You”:

Preshade.jpg

Trichem.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread