Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need your help with this hallmark. Found this "silver" ring this evening at the very end of my hunt. It was nearly dark when I recovered this from the plug. The ring weighs 6.84 grams but I do not have an accurate means of determining its volume. It tests at least 800 purity for silver from an acid test using the scrape method. I have never seen a piece with the mark "SILVER SILVER 90" as this has, much less a purity marking on the outside of the band. Perhaps someone else out there has found something like this. With the engraved five-pointed star I was wondering if it may be Masonic. Please respond with your ideas. Thanks much for your help.
IMG_5798.JPG IMG_5803.JPG IMG_5804.JPG IMG_5806.JPG

Last edited:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Silver silver 90 means 90% silver an 10% copper. No idea about the star, though. Nice find!

Upvote 0

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The star looks like it represents a starfish more than a cult logo.
I'm guessing it was made using coin silver (90%)

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with starfish versus Satanic cult. 90% of course is coin silver, not sterling and I'd guess Mexican or Caribbean made. Can't tell you precisely why but it strikes me as some from the islands.

Upvote 0

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a party girl beach ring buy, somebody wanted to have a stylish summer. Just a sea star, but congrats on the silver.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My thanks to those who took the time to check out this thread and to creskol, Icewing, smokeythecat, and P.ALLEN who ventured a collective ID of " a coin silver ring made outside the U.S. ". I will mark this one solved.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread