Need help identifying sword

jpthomassword2017

Tenderfoot
Sep 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need help identifying sword with 2 of the 3 daggers it came with

I have no idea if this sword is authentic , where it comes from or what time period or if it is a replica,

My guess is the it is 15th - 16th Century authentic , southern europe , maybe Italy based on my own visual examination and wild guessing techniques , would like to hear what others think and why?

Thanks for your help in advance.

JPT Sword2.jpg sword1.jpg

OP
OP
J

jpthomassword2017

Tenderfoot
Sep 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing i found so far that is remotely simiilar is a scimtar sword used by Turks or Ottomans, however it appears to be two handed from the long hilt and havent seen anything with similar markets,
anyone know what kind of sword this is?

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My experience with swords is none existent, but those hand-guards look in-effective; the "bent" thingies look to prone to break if used in battle.
Is the edge sharp? Size?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jpthomassword2017

Tenderfoot
Sep 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm not concerned about using it in battle, i would much prefer i rifle or pistol. I just want to know where it came from and if it would make a good collectors item to start off my collection with, approx value would be nice too... The sword it about 3-4ft in length, ill post pictures tomorrow next to a ruler and post some close up pictures of the hilt , which is inlaid with some type of gold or bronze metal, hopefully someone will recognize it.

JPT

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jpthomassword2017

Tenderfoot
Sep 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is sharp and balanced, i took some additional pictures, i think the replies are on the right track , im hoping that some close pictures will help solve this mystery. IMG_2282.JPG IMG_2289.JPG IMG_2293.JPG IMG_2301.JPG IMG_2304.JPG IMG_2307.JPG IMG_2314.JPG IMG_2323.JPG IMG_2336.JPG IMG_2346.JPG IMG_2362.JPG IMG_2375.JPG

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions