Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always sunny in California!

Hello to everyone.

I'm Jim and live here in Los Angeles. Just picked up my first treasure finder... a Delta 4000 and a teknetics pin pointer. Took it out for a test run today at a few different locations and seems to work really well. I know I read on a few forums that trying to detect things at the beach can be difficult as the minerals interfere sometimes but I had it at a sensitivity of 10 and it worked great. Also tried it at a park next to my house... but there was too much trash in the ground for me to sort through so I moved on to the beach.

Anyways... I'm happy to get off the couch and out into the experience we call life. Any tips or tricks anyone would like to share ... I'm open to listening. Also if anyone is in the Long Beach area and wants to go exploring together just shoot me a message. I have lots of free time as I work for myself.

Cheers... and safe travels.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK JIM !!!! :icon_thumleft:

chenty

Nov 4, 2012
missouri
Detector(s) used
BT IV, ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jim, WELCOME! I have the same problem with parks.....BUT! the beach is a blast, ALWAYS! something there:occasion14:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

stevenh

Feb 27, 2013
SoCal
Detector(s) used
PI: Minelab XP-4500, VLH: Garrett AT Pro, Underwater: Tesoro Piranha, PP: Garrett Pin Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to everyone.

I'm Jim and live here in Los Angeles. Just picked up my first treasure finder... a Delta 4000 and a teknetics pin pointer. Took it out for a test run today at a few different locations and seems to work really well. I know I read on a few forums that trying to detect things at the beach can be difficult as the minerals interfere sometimes but I had it at a sensitivity of 10 and it worked great. Also tried it at a park next to my house... but there was too much trash in the ground for me to sort through so I moved on to the beach.

Anyways... I'm happy to get off the couch and out into the experience we call life. Any tips or tricks anyone would like to share ... I'm open to listening. Also if anyone is in the Long Beach area and wants to go exploring together just shoot me a message. I have lots of free time as I work for myself.

Cheers... and safe travels.

Welcome Jim!!

If you love doing the beach, the best advice I can give is wait until after a big beach event. We Cali's have tons of 2-3 day beach events, Dos Equis Volleyball Turney and the OP Pro in Huntington for example, and after those are done you can find tons of drops from the crowds. Sand is an awesome treasure trap.

Cheers
Steven

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread