On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's beginning to make sense!

Well after the NE winds blew, I finally found the low wet sand area that everyone talks about. It really does exist :hello2:. It wasn't full of heavy targets although it did give up a lot of quarters, but also dimes and the really light 10kt. band. Almost crunched the other with the stealth,but it was junk anyways. Was so cool to actually get signals. Then the winds switched to on shore two days later and there were only pennies. Amazing.Learn the beach and don't give up :thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    663.5 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well after the NE winds blew, I finally found the low wet sand area that everyone talks about. It really does exist :hello2:. It wasn't full of heavy targets although it did give up a lot of quarters, but also dimes and the really light 10kt. band. Almost crunched the other with the stealth,but it was junk anyways. Was so cool to actually get signals. Then the winds switched to on shore two days later and there were only pennies. Amazing.Learn the beach and don't give up :thumbsup:

What machine were you using today?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tis the season when a great deal will start coming to light. From now through about the end of March you're going to start experiencing all that stuff you've been hearing and reading about. Spend all the time you can on our east coast beaches over the next 4/5 months. Very soon now you'll start seeing lots of shell and their fragments scattered on the beach, in many areas the sand will start to look just a bit grayer, that straight edge appearance of the summer waterline will start get a bit snake-like, a lot of darker looking water will start to develop in the shallows. Slowly but surely the doors of opportunity will start to creep open. :icon_thumleft: Congrats on the rings!

OP
OP
s1u2r3f4

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tis the season when a great deal will start coming to light. From now through about the end of March you're going to start experiencing all that stuff you've been hearing and reading about. Spend all the time you can on our east coast beaches over the next 4/5 months. Very soon now you'll start seeing lots of shell and their fragments scattered on the beach, in many areas the sand will start to look just a bit grayer, that straight edge appearance of the summer waterline will start get a bit snake-like, a lot of darker looking water will start to develop in the shallows. Slowly but surely the doors of opportunity will start to creep open. :icon_thumleft: Congrats on the rings!

Thanks! It was so cool because the beach was deserted and the weather was wet and foggy. Some of the coins were so black and some actually looked like they were bleeding before I got them from the side of the hole.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish we would have a couple of weather systems come in here
to SoCal and do something like you get on the east coast!
SoCal is fairly calm weather-wise most of the year!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! It was so cool because the beach was deserted and the weather was wet and foggy. Some of the coins were so black and some actually looked like they were bleeding before I got them from the side of the hole.

Keep a close eye on things this week because the wind (at last check) is suppose to stay brisk, shifting to east - then to southwest - then back to northeast again. If the currents and wave action create a washing machine effect this next week due to these shifting winds then you should start to see some obvious things begin to develop on the wet sand and lower beach, i.e., some washouts, a few holes and low spots here and there, some blown out beach along the waterline, rip tailings, etc. :thumbsup:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice ring finds!

Yes, that low wet sand area is a favorite of mine:icon_thumright:

Congrats on great detecting!

Lorraine

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Congratulations! .. Winter is my favorite time on the surf, I have hunted for 2 or 3 hours at a time in the Winter months and never see a single human being... I was fortunate enough to work on the Outer Banks for a while, back many years ago when I was younger, and lived in a small shack in the dunes, I will never forget those days and nights being by myself out there .. I absolutely LOVE the solitude and the peace that the ocean gives me.:thumbsup:

Greg

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Nice gold and a better learning experience. Congratulations! Things get better and easier to recognize with experience. And the best is still to come.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread