Getting the hang of it

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally starting to figure out the CTX and detecting in general. Found 3 silver and 1 titanium ring and the nomad pile of clad.
za5arata.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet silver!! And awesome titanium!!! Now I want to find a titanium ring myself!!

locater

Aug 13, 2013
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites GMT, BH Platinum w/ Fisher F5, 11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Bejamble, looks like your CTX is delivering the goods!

I noticed in a prior post of yours that you had water intrusion issues. I love my CTX, but, that is the ONE area I don't have full confidence in it. I might suggest that you use a product called Molycote 111, from Dow Corning. It is a silicone product that you can apply to the battery pack gasket and threads etc., to give additional protection against water intrusion. I was informed of this product by a Minelab service technician, and he said it is a product that they use "in house". It is very inexpensive, you can get it on Amazon, or many other sites. When using it, it is important to make sure you clean the surfaces it is applied to well, after using your machine and applying a new coat. Hope this helps. Wish you continued good luck with your CTX.

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Locator.... That molycote 111 do you just apply it with your finger? Sounds like good stuff from reading up on it , we have an Acklands in our town and iam going to pick some up on Monday , trying to learn everything I can on my new ctx 3030 before it arrives hopefully late next week , fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally starting to figure out the CTX and detecting in general. Found 3 silver and 1 titanium ring and the nomad pile of clad. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice finds Bejamble! WTG

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sometimes go down there for vacations. Possibly a good opportunity to try the ACE 250 on Florida sands. :skullflag:

locater

Aug 13, 2013
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites GMT, BH Platinum w/ Fisher F5, 11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey sask hunter, that's how I apply the molycote. I apply as thin a cote as possible that enhances the seal of the gasket etc., without applying too much. After each use of the machine with it, it's important to clean the surfaces it is applied to, before applying another coat. It seals out water but, sand, and such CAN stick to it, so, cleaning is important between uses.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bejamble, you had a great hunt!

Keep those treasures comin'!

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread