Its cold!

Mike_of_Tenn

Nov 19, 2008
White Bluff, TN
Detector(s) used
MineLab X-Terra 70
It's cold!

Well it's 37F here in TN, BigTim just called and wants to meet me at his new site to swing the coils. Right now I am using his Fisher 1265x and he is using his MineLab Xterra 50. He has made a few finds here already so I am pretty excited that he is offering to share it with me! What a GREAT guy!
Now I am not used to the Fisher at all and have only played with it in my yard for 15 minutes. I have always used XLTs which I sold like a dumba$$! But no worries because I bought my 3rd XLT last night and should have it next week. Anyways he is going to show me the tricks of the trade with this machine today I think, and I can't wait to see that MineLab in action!
Hope we make some finds worthy of a post on "Todays Find's". If so ya can read all about our adventure tonight! I need to get going now because I have a long drive ahead of me. It will probably take me every bit of 3 minutes to get there in the car. ;)

Mike

Upvote 0

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: It's cold!

37...??? thats balmy compared to the 20 degrees it's outside right now....with a wind chill in the low teens.

I was out the weekend after Thanksgiving...it was around 33 or 34...wind was calm...wasn't too bad actually. Just gotta be dressed for it.
Met another detectorist. He wasn't swinging a machine but he stopped and introduced himself and we chatted a few.

Ground is like concrete now...I might go out later once it hits 24 or 25.... :tard: NOT!

Gonna be a long winter I think. Stay warm all. :coffee2:

Al

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter

I wish it was that warm here. Id be out in shorts hunting. outside now it is 5 above with a windchill below 0. luckily no snow today though.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

jonnyrebel00 said:
I wish it was that warm here. Id be out in shorts hunting. outside now it is 5 above with a windchill below 0. luckily no snow today though.

Yup... here too... but the last few days have been like mid 40s... :) :thumbsup:

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wimp. 14 here.

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro

It's a warm 18 degrees here in Nothern Michigan today! If the snow wasn't over 28 inches standing on the ground I would be out in shorts swinging a coil!
Hmmh, no, I'm not even that friggin crazy!

Good Luck
Mark

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21

Yep...18 and wishing for a few days of mid 30s.....

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID

Wow! As I am writing this it is 73 here in Florida. I am very lucky considering my passion for this hobby.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

So another words lots of Yankee Dogs would like to hit your Rebel dirt at 30-40 degrees. Supposed to sleet and snow tomorrow here but it'll be almost 38 degrees so I'll be playing in it 'cause it warms the mud.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread