Its End Game

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
According to Mr. Morriss, he should have opened the ironbox ten years after the ironbox was placed in his charge which would have been 1832 but he waited 23 years until 1845 to open the iron box. Seventeen years later during the second year of the War of Northern Aggression he turned everything over to the author of the Job Print Pamphlet.

Something that has always puzzled me is why did James Beverly Ward apply for the copyright March 26, 1884? JMB said about all of the copies of the Job Print Pamphlet had burned in a fire. The Great Fire of Lynchburg was in 1883, why the copyright the following year and why the sale of the Job Print Pamphlets in 1885 if they had all burned? Don't make sense to me. As you will find many of these discrepancies thourhout the Job Print Pamphlet.

I think they had a change of mind somewhere along the process of the pamphlet . If you had one pamphlet you could make more at a later time . Just using some other printer .

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they had a change of mind somewhere along the process of the pamphlet . If you had one pamphlet you could make more at a later time . Just using some other printer .

Ward had no intentions of printing anymore. He told Clayton Hart most were burned in the Lynchburg Fire which was in 1883 and this was Ward's excuse for not selling many of the pamphlets and this was after 1900. Which don't make sense

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
...and what has this to do with the Beale story?
"Buffalo" hunting in the 1817-1822 "period" of time; Lynchburg, Va. THEN was BIG on Slaves, & Tobacco Warehouses, "slave blocks", etc. "BAD" past history that we are STILL "struggling" with, TODAY; MAY be the "cause" of "news black-out"...

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ward had no intentions of printing anymore. He told Clayton Hart most were burned in the Lynchburg Fire which was in 1883 and this was Ward's excuse for not selling many of the pamphlets and this was after 1900. Which don't make sense

If you wanted to keep it all in the family, all that Gold . Would they go as fare as destroying all the pamphlets , copyrighting it to keep it out of the hands of others and saying it was made up by J.B Ward ?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No but it seems since most of the pamohlets were burned JBW was still trying to make money from the pamphlet? No gold to protect except if the book did sell, JMB wanted to make sure he was paid for it. Seems like a dime novel to me.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to Mr. Morriss, he should have opened the ironbox ten years after the ironbox was placed in his charge which would have been 1832 but he waited 23 years until 1845 to open the iron box.

Something that has always puzzled me is why did James Beverly Ward apply for the copyright March 26, 1884? JMB said about all of the copies of the Job Print Pamphlet had burned in a fire. The Great Fire of Lynchburg was in 1883, why the copyright the following year and why the sale of the Job Print Pamphlets in 1885 if they had all burned? Don't make sense to me. As you will find many of these discrepancies thourhout the Job Print Pamphlet.

:thumbsup:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then it has something to do with the Mexican Treasury in 1845?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Then it has something to do with the Mexican Treasury in 1845?
YEP! Mexican War of 1846-1848, when Robert E. Lee was CAPTAIN Robert E. Lee... of the US Army; linking up with EF Beale, out WEST in the 1840's/50's; THEN, the GLORIOUS year of 1858... Heh!

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think in terms of the Wards & 1845. "Who is bound by oath to keep secrets?"

Well, JBW and family came back to Lynchburg, Virginia during the Summer of 1843, don't know if JBW had time to join the Masonic Lodge or not. But if he did he would have had to keep an oath to the Mason's Lodge for sure. But the reason he came back to the farm was because his wife Harriett was about to lose her mind.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slavery, it wasn't as black and white of an issue as it might generally appear, this “segregation” within the existing slave trade beginning with the abolishment of the African slave trade long before emancipation became a household threat. These writings can be found as far back as John Hancock and many-many others.

In essence there ended up being several classes of blacks, those I have already referenced in an earlier post. But the thing you have to recognize in all of this is that it was very political, this segregation within the slave trade even incorporating and inspiring many new laws throughout the period that could be applied to the various classes.

In 1817 an organization called the ACS, or The American Colonization Society was born, this encompassing both abolitionist and slave owners, it's primary purpose being the the transport and colonization of “Africans” back to Africa. So why did slave owners support this organization? It's simple, to help further reduce the number of free blacks in the Americas and to also deflect the attention away from the legal slave trade which they badly desired to keep. Basically, slave owners saw the ACS as a means of satisfying those anti-slavery supporters who were threatening to push hard for complete emancipation. They also saw it a means of satisfying moral issues, many of these being personal issues as well as addressing certain issues involving their places of worship, ect., such as the Methodist Episcopal church which in 1844 denounced the institution of slavery. Per example, imagine being a slave owner and a prominent church member who had taken the oath vestry in this church system. Quite the personal conundrum, indeed. And so many of these individuals became members of the ACS as a means of simple deflection and saving face.

Construct, Explore, Colonize, this being the motto of another very obscure company that was formed in 1817. But before we go here we need to understand some of the complications and misconceptions regarding the entire slave trade, free men of color, and emancipation, as this did not encompass the African issue.

There were many laws governing the emancipation of blacks, some of these even varying from state to state. For instance, in 1863 Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, ironically this is the same year that West Virginia was granted its statehood, however, West Virginia was only granted its statehood after it had agreed to certain terms addressing the slavery issue. In essence West Virginia, even though it had been granted its statehood as slave state, it was still required to agree to certain terms that basically abolished slavery in an unspecified number of years. For instance, no new slaves could enter the state, any births were to become free men at the age of 10, and any slave under the age of 10 was to be considered free, etc., etc., (I may not be exactly accurate in referencing these terms but it is very close to the actual terms.) Other slave holding states also had there various laws, a most common one being that if a slave was emancipated by his owner then that slave was required to leave the state within one year, West Virginia also adopting this law. Keep all of this in mind.....

We have the only Thomas J. Beale of record during the effected period being a free man of color and residing in Jackson Ward, Virginia, in 1884, just one year prior to the pamphlet's publication. And here it comes.....Jackson Ward represented land “that was set aside for a specific reason”....this area being described as a settlement for free blacks. Question is, if the ACS was only concerned and active with Africans then who set this land aside in Richmond for the colonization of other free blacks? And even a bigger question....how was Jackson Ward funded?

So as you can see there is need to understand the differences in these black classes and the various efforts of segregation that were undertaken.

Lawyers keep secrets and they are bound by an oath to do so. It is narrated that in 1845 the iron box was finally broke open, but was this an actual physical act or was this just an analogy depicting an actual discovery? In the Ward family what is significant about 1845?

Since this is not my theory I can say no more so you guys will have to take it from here if you wish to explore all of this for more answers before this new author decides to post more exacting details.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still do not believe that slaves was the true intentions for the printing of the Job Print Pamphlet and the making up of the three cipher codes. I will have to have proof first.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still do not believe that slaves was the true intentions for the printing of the Job Print Pamphlet and the making up of the three cipher codes. I will have to have proof first.

There were many sub-issues that were directly related to slavery.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...but NOT necessarily related to the Beale story or the publishing to the job pamphlet.
This NEW THEORY appears to bean attempt to fit facts outside of the Beale Papers to support one's pet theory, as has been done many, many times before.
Because doing this is very easy, that is the brilliance of this dime novel job pamphlet that old for 50 cents in 1885 Lynchburg.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Construct, Explore, Colonize, this being the motto of another very obscure company that was formed in 1817. But before we go here we need to understand some of the complications and misconceptions regarding the entire slave trade, free men of color, and emancipation, as this did not encompass the African issue...
Are you leading in to the American Colonization of Liberia of freeborn and freedmen of color?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you leading in to the American Colonization of Liberia of freeborn and freedmen of color?

No, only the general concept. The theory is all related to more local affairs. However, there are many things relating to slavery that brought all of this other stuff into being. And I know all about the "creating of evidence to support one's pet theory" which is exactly why I fully support this new theory which isn't even mine.

Your author has clearly pointed to a Thomas J. Beale who's most distinguishing feature was his dark and swarthy complexion, and he has also pointed directly to Richmond where important affairs were underway.

There are many things you have yet to discover, for instance, did you know Buford use to rent slaves in Richmond, and there are many other interesting tid-bits like this once you know what you're looking for and where to look. :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
No, only the general concept. The theory is all related to more local affairs. However, there are many things relating to slavery that brought all of this other stuff into being. And I know all about the "creating of evidence to support one's pet theory" which is exactly why I fully support this new theory which isn't even mine.

Your author has clearly pointed to a Thomas J. Beale who's most distinguishing feature was his dark and swarthy complexion, and he has also pointed directly to Richmond where important affairs were underway.

There are many things you have yet to discover, for instance, did you know Buford use to rent slaves in Richmond, and there are many other interesting tid-bits like this once you know what you're looking for and where to look. :thumbsup:
PROOF...?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If that is all the Beale Treasure mystery implies then why "code" the messages? Do the ciphers say anything or has your new pet theory man just toss them to the wayside and just say it had something to do with the Freedman's Society after the Civil War? This does not make sense and I do not believe it. If your man from another country figured this out why has no one else? I think it is all hogwash and just a waste of time like all the other pet theories here on this forum and other forums. One day the truth will be known but it will not involve renting or freeing of slaves.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that is all the Beale Treasure mystery implies then why "code" the messages? Do the ciphers say anything or has your new pet theory man just toss them to the wayside and just say it had something to do with the Freedman's Society after the Civil War? This does not make sense and I do not believe it. If your man from another country figured this out why has no one else? I think it is all hogwash and just a waste of time like all the other pet theories here on this forum and other forums. One day the truth will be known but it will not involve renting or freeing of slaves.

My man from another country? :laughing7: It might surprise you where, exactly, this man is from.
"Freedman's Society after the Civil War?".....where did this come from? I think I've been pretty clear about the effected period being 1817-1885.
You must realize that your author is narrating details and events not necessarily as he lived them but as he knew them to be. So he is only offering you accumulated knowledge that he claims he didn't even know of until 1863. It is only after he setup interview with Morriss that he was made aware. However, it is certain that he had good reason to seek Morriss out for that interview so he could gather more information about the "earlier events" in question, just as it is spelled out in the narration. Question is, what took place before these interviews with Morriss that compelled the author to seek Morriss out? Herein lay the true mystery and many of the answers if only you can find those events that lead up to those interviews. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread