Its Getting Crowded in Here !

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
It's Getting Crowded in Here !

Have you noticed how many new names we have on the forum in just the last couple of weeks?

Remember that I have only been on here since May.

I think that it's safe to say that for every new CRH'er on this forum there are at least 10 more out there that don't don't post.

It won't be long before a lot of new faces start moving into YOUR home territory.

And, BTW, not every one of these newbies are going to even CONSIDER working in unison with you. This is kind of a loner's sport.

I will give you my un-asked-for opinion. I think that we need to accept these new guys and gals with grace and resign ourselves to sharing the loot with more and more people until it is gone.

I know that some say that the silver will always be there, and maybe it will be.
But would it make any difference to you if 25 new CRH'ers started up in your area started visiting your banks?

And what would the banks do? They will respond with NO's and with elevated fees for all their services, pricing us completely out of this business.

Ironically, CRH'ing can only remain successful as long as the price of silver stays LOW.
And that just ain't gonna happen, folks.

Want to hear something even more ironic? No? I'll tell you anyway.
Forum's like this one hasten the demise of our pursuit, even while giving us knowledge to better perform.

This is your downer for the day. You're welcome.

Upvote 0
Re: It's Getting Crowded in Here !

yeah its true. We are almost destroying our own hobby by posting. But it's fun to read posts, and to make posts. We learn from each other while creating our own competition. But CRHing is only going to last so long before it's not even worth it anymore, the silver will eventually dry up. So many people do it now, but we all might as well enjoy it while it lasts. I'm glad I got in it when I did, before silver went way up. It was much easier to find when it was only 12 bucks an ounce. I can't imagine how it will be if silver goes past $50 an ounce. People will probably become wise of it and stop bringing in old coins to dump off. Customer wrapped rolls will die, and we will be forced to hunt just boxes.

Most people will get bored or busy and stop. Most people can't handle the swings and disappointment. How many people have been here for a year or longer?

I agree, people that start up and have little results will quit. Too much effort.

Check out this thread over at KitcoForum
https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=87764
:dontknow: :dontknow: ??? ???
Piledriver said:
Have you noticed how many new names we have on the forum in just the last couple of weeks?

Remember that I have only been on here since May.

I think that it's safe to say that for every new CRH'er on this forum there are at least 10 more out there that don't don't post.

It won't be long before a lot of new faces start moving into YOUR home territory.

And, BTW, not every one of these newbies are going to even CONSIDER working in unison with you. This is kind of a loner's sport.

I will give you my un-asked-for opinion. I think that we need to accept these new guys and gals with grace and resign ourselves to sharing the loot with more and more people until it is gone.

I know that some say that the silver will always be there, and maybe it will be.
But would it make any difference to you if 25 new CRH'ers started up in your area started visiting your banks?

And what would the banks do? They will respond with NO's and with elevated fees for all their services, pricing us completely out of this business.

Ironically, CRH'ing can only remain successful as long as the price of silver stays LOW.
And that just ain't gonna happen, folks.

Want to here something even more ironic? No? I'll tell you anyway.
Forum's like this one hasten the demise of our pursuit, even while giving us knowledge to better perform.

This is your downer for the day. You're welcome.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I just always assumed that the silver was completely gone because I never found any in my change. Even when I had a paper route back in the 1980's, I came across coins regularly but never any silver. It never, EVER, occurred to me that there was ANY silver after all these years still hiding out there in bank rolls.

Once I made that discovery and realized that silver finds at face value were possible, I became determined to build a respectable silver collection on my own terms without shelling out a fortune. And that's what still keeps me going.

HH,
cuttybce

cuttybce said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I just always assumed that the silver was completely gone because I never found any in my change. Even when I had a paper route back in the 1980's, I came across coins regularly but never any silver. It never, EVER, occurred to me that there was ANY silver after all these years still hiding out there in bank rolls.

Once I made that discovery and realized that silver finds at face value were possible, I became determined to build a respectable silver collection on my own terms without shelling out a fortune. And that's what still keeps me going.

HH,
cuttybce

And that's what I intend to do too.

The more experience you have, the better you should be at CRH'ing.
That gives some of us a head start, but not much.
I say "GO FOR IT!" while it's there to be found.

I have been doing coins since 1957, and I keep totals to my self as you can see why.

Are you kidding? There probably is 150 people if not more just in Oklahoma City that CRH. And probably only 5 of them are on TNet. CRH has been going on since - well, probably since people started coin collecting. Some people will never post because they want to lurk. I post, but rarely post my finds because one Merc or a single 40% Kennedy isn't very news worthy IMO.

I often wonder about this, and go back and fourth. One day I want to tell someone they are retarded for putting a decent find video on youtube, and the next it seems like it doesnt matter anyways, people will hunt, and people will cash in silver... in a cycle that just repeats itself... But, I do feel like there is something happening, like some sort of exponential growth. Information is all about availability, and with the internet and peoples ever evolving familiarity with youtube, and blogsites (like this) it seems like there is a boom happening, and exponential growth is taking off. Whether Im right or wrong is yet to be seen. How do some of you veterans feel? Does it seem like lately this secret hobby is becoming a much more publicized hobby each and every day? Do you think it is going to get to the point where it will be pointless to even CRH? Thoughts please, I am fairly new to this hobby and any perspective from vets is much appreciated.

Chris.

Thats why i keep my cards close. Don't give away any tricks or tips. I offer encouragment and welcome but that is about it. I would love to be more helpful, but like you said to me new people. This may sound selfish and it is but I started 3 years ago and got in just as the window for good stuff was closing. If i found a spot that i was digging up gold, would i tell anybody...hell no. This is the same. Yes I admit i found out about this shortly after i started buying bullion by finding this sight and I read all the post to secretly and quietly educated myself on the art of CRH. But I can tell you this, I have done my part and keeping my trap shut....for the most part:)

I just discoved an new technic for me and then seeing people posting it all over here.....dang it

Crowded? Now? I've been CRHing for over 30 years, the concept is nothing new. I even did it 10 years ago while also buying silver bullion for under 4 bucks an ounce, plenty others also were doing it.

I think that as long as we use these same denominations of coinage we will have silver enter the supply. Whether it is inherited and cashed in or stolen and cashed in some will always find its way back.

Consider for a moment, I know this is true in my situation. I know people that think I'm crazy for looking through coins for silver, they don't know and don't care about the value of silver. What if they inherit Grandma's old change jars (that go back to the 1940's)? "Roll it up and cash it in."

I'M GOING TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE. THIS WILL BE MY LAST POST. IF I NEED TO REPLY TO SOMEONE'S POST OR OPINION I SHALL DO IT VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE. GOODBYE ALL, I SUGGEST SOME OF YOU JOIN ME....

Hey , slow down y'all - consider this - the coins we find in boxes and rolls , have not been circulating
non stop since 1964 (and earlier ) , they have been fed back into coin counters - or turned in- in rolls
to tellers over the counter. The reason I bring this up is that many on this forum, seem to think that
if the price of silver goes to $45 or $50 bucks an ounce - that the silver will dry up - not so ! the folks
that didn't know or care about silver coins at $25 bucks an ounce , don't know or care at $45 or $50
either . There is a general level of ignorance among the population at large about coins and precious
metals . If you think I'm exaggerating , or just wrong about this - look at the video that "jeweler dave"
put up on the precious metals forum - showing a guy attempting to sell a 1 ounce bullion gold piece for
$50 bucks , when spot was like $1100. an ounce ! He could hardly give it away ! To sum up a too
long letter , relax in the knowledge that there are way more unknowing and uncaring folks out there
than there are people who are knowledgeable collectors of either coins or precious metals. Argentium.

bnicholas26 said:
I'M GOING TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE. THIS WILL BE MY LAST POST. IF I NEED TO REPLY TO SOMEONE'S POST OR OPINION I SHALL DO IT VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE. GOODBYE ALL, I SUGGEST SOME OF YOU JOIN ME....
Very reasonable decision.

bnicholas26 said:

Bye.

The competition is going to grow more fierce.

Lots and lots of newbies are going to start and then quit due to lack of finding anything, but the question remains: How bad will they mess things up before they quit?

I think that neither silence, or secret-keeping will keep the newbies out.

Com'on, you guys, every one of us was a newb once.

Might as well welcome the crowd, even if you don't share every detail with them.

Meanwhile, this forum is a fun place to share experiences with people that have the same interests.
After all the value I've gotten from Treasure.net, I'm not about to stop posting.

Keep on Rollin' !!

I guess us "noobs" should just leave huh? ??? ::) I don't know about any other "noobs" but I came to CRH not for the silver but the chance to find old or valuable coins. Silver is just a plus for me. I'm so deeply sorry for ruining anyone's silver "veins" or silver score, heck I haven't even found any silver yet.
Com'on, you guys, every one of us was a newb once.

K,

You've got as much right to the Silver and this forum as I do, or anybody does.

I still maintain that if folks want to buy and sell on the forum, they can just as well pay for access to the classifieds.

We can Roll with these guys or without 'em, but I'd rather stay with 'em.

Keep on Rollin' !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back