I need help

Ebeg1234

Aug 12, 2011
Florida
I am having a lot of trouble finding silver I've searchedd over a thousand dollars worth this month and found only one 1967. is there a way to get unsearched rolls or is there a question I could ask the teller that might help me find silver. When I order boxes from Wells Fargo they arent in the Brinks rolls, but the box says they should be. Is there any way I could make it so they aren't searched or get a big score. Also what bank is best to get coins from? Thanks

Upvote 0

Bentfork

Jan 4, 2010
Oklahoma
Be patient and persevere. I went through $2500 yesterday and didn't find any. I've only found a couple of keepers in teller's trays over the last month. You're not going to score 50 keepers every time you get a $1000 bag. Some of the guys here are still skunked after having hunted 20 or more $500 boxes in a row.

Getting unsearched rolls of halves might be difficult. People deposit CWR that have been in dressers for years. Sometimes there is silver in there. You could bid on the machine wrapped "unsearched rolls" up for auction on EBay, but I'm 99.9999999999999999% sure you will find zip. People have weighed those rolls and they know there isn't any in them.

How do I get a bag of Halves

Find a bank that that will order them for you. Go into a bank, speak to the vault teller and ask. It's that simple.

HH

Bentfork

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Ebeg1234 said:
How do I make sure that a bank doesn't search their coins?

Wow, please dont take offense to this, but these questions you are asking are questions you will have to learn the answer to by going out and doing it... There are many variables.... many. So go out there and get some halves, if there is silver keep it, if not, keep it anyways... jk. but you will start to learn very quickly that the answers you are looking for might be different for every bank, and every different situation. It is rather simple, buy coins, cull silver, cash coins in, buy more.....

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
"Hello...I would like to know whether the bank could order boxes of half dollars for me without a fee?"

"Hello. I am a coin collector. I would like to know whether I could bring in substantial amounts of coin to exchange for cash?"

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
TheRockDoc said:
Ebeg1234 said:

Wow, please dont take offense to this, but these questions you are asking are questions you will have to learn the answer to by going out and doing it... There are many variables.... many. So go out there and get some halves, if there is silver keep it, if not, keep it anyways... jk. but you will start to learn very quickly that the answers you are looking for might be different for every bank, and every different situation. It is rather simple, buy coins, cull silver, cash coins in, buy more.....

I agree , and to make matters worse while you are learning , the mistakes you make by telling friends about CRHin and asking tellers the "wrong" way you will pay for for a long time.

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
It's not worth doing it, if I were you, i'd just quit, and spend ur time on something else!! Perhaps metal detecting, try that out!!
Waste of time! :tongue3: :notworthy: :headbang:
Ebeg1234 said:
I am having a lot of trouble finding silver I've searchedd over a thousand dollars worth this month and found only one 1967. is there a way to get unsearched rolls or is there a question I could ask the teller that might help me find silver. When I order boxes from Wells Fargo they arent in the Brinks rolls, but the box says they should be. Is there any way I could make it so they aren't searched or get a big score. Also what bank is best to get coins from? Thanks

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I am on a 14 box skunk streak on halves...yes, I've opened up 14 sealed boxes halves...$7,000 total, and haven't found any silver.

I bought a box of dimes today, and it was a total skunk too.

RP4L

Jun 3, 2011
When asking banks for coins, my conversations usually go something like this.

"Hi, I'm looking for any Half Dollars dated 1964 and below, they are worth around 15 bucks or so. Yeah, if you look at the edges *pull one out of my pocket* you can see they are silver instead of copper looking, see the contrast ma'am. Ive made a couple grand this year just from these things. You could probably make alot more though since you have access to the ones that are turned in. I'll be back in a week to see if you've gotten any in...." with a charming smile.

Sorry, had to take that Gilmore Happy :tongue3:

By the way, I'm kidding. Don't really say that O_O

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes, banks just don't get any silver in. The one my wife works at hasn't seen any halves come in, period, in over a year. She also goes through the dimes, it's been a while for any silver there also. ffd

DarkRider23

May 31, 2011
quiksilver said:
TheRockDoc said:
Ebeg1234 said:

I agree , and to make matters worse while you are learning , the mistakes you make by telling friends about CRHin and asking tellers the "wrong" way you will pay for for a long time.

You don't even need to go out to find the answer to those questions. Just search the forum a bit.

If you think $1000 worth for 1 silver piece is bad, then I suggest you stop now. Sometimes you get a nice streak, but most of the time you just get skunked over and over again.

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
Do another 10 or 20 grand worth and you will have a better understanding of the game. I try to do 3 to 5 grand a week on average. I get skunked often, but i also find some nice silver. Good luck and HH.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
After that, if you REALLY want to know about this craft, go to previous pages of the forum, right back to the beginning.

That will get you ROLLIN'.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RP4L said:
When asking banks for coins, my conversations usually go something like this.

"Hi, I'm looking for any Half Dollars dated 1964 and below, they are worth around 15 bucks or so. Yeah, if you look at the edges *pull one out of my pocket* you can see they are silver instead of copper looking, see the contrast ma'am. Ive made a couple grand this year just from these things. You could probably make alot more though since you have access to the ones that are turned in. I'll be back in a week to see if you've gotten any in...." with a charming smile.

Sorry, had to take that Gilmore Happy :tongue3:

By the way, I'm kidding. Don't really say that O_O

lol. I just got back in town, thanks for the quote shout out.

Yeah, dont really say that...

usatc

Nov 28, 2008
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
By the way, Orlando isn't the easiest place to CRH in, there's quite a few of us here, both on the forum and regulars that mark rolls all around town. I go through 6 boxes a week and 2-3 weeks in a row of skunks isn't out of the ordinary unfortunately.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread