Its gold !!! Its silver !

racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After what seemed to be the longest winter in history, Lisa and I loaded up the detectors and headed to a park she seen on her delivery route a few days prior. It was still pretty fridgid outside ,a balmy 40 degrees, but we needed to get out and dig. after 10 minutes detecting we decided this is a virgin park as we dug clad from 1 inch to 8 inches deep . 45 minutes went by and she comes over to me with a big grin and says I found gold .She dropped it in my hand and I then got the grin. Its a 10 gram bullion .It has a broken holder , so I guess someone was wearing it as a necklace. Her at pro found it at about 5 inches down and rang up a 90 . 10 minutes later she comes back over with a ring marked Sterling . I was using my new to me minelab explorer ,which Im still learning . I dug about 7 dollars in clad . I need to find some good stuff . shes been ribbing me about her finds ,which I dont mind ,we both had fun. Here are a few pics of her gold ,ring and our combined clad we found. I almost forgot to mention she also found a dollar coin ,and a 2 dollar canadian coin. IMG_6083.JPG IMG_6080.JPG IMG_6082.JPG

Upvote 12

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
That would definitely put a grin on my face. Very cool find. Seems like a 90 is a high reading for solid gold, no? Then again, I don't get my coil over gold very often.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Sweet hunt finding gold and silver!!

Congrats to both of you!!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowzers, congratulations to you two. The ATPro was probably registering 90 on the loop around the bullion, it may be sterling and would register that high like a big .925 ring. None the less, she just paid off her machine.

PS: Is that an F7F Tigercat in your Avatar?

Best of luck, Sub 8-)

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big gold rings can read high on the AT PRO...being 10 grams and flat gave that bullion a 90...Ive found several gold rings that come in high tone on my AT pro and on my CZ21...shape, size and karat can give gold a wide range of numbers.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to your wife on an outstanding find...see plenty of gold rings, pendants, chains etc. posted but how often does someone dig .999 gold bullion?...tighten up man, shes making you look bad. :laughing7:....Im going to give her a banner vote for the rarity of digging a bullion piece...its worth as much as most gold coins and most of those make banner.

Last edited:
OP
OP
racer117

racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you!

Congrats to your wife on an outstanding find...see plenty of gold rings, pendants, chains etc. posted but how often does someone dig .999 gold bullion?...tighten up man, shes making you look bad. :laughing7:....Im going to give her a banner vote for the rarity of digging a bullion piece...its worth as much as most gold coins and most of those make banner.
She can make me look bad all she wants .The look on her face when she found it was priceless. She will love the banner vote.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is your wife a member?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to you both!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score on the gold!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
WoW, Don't get any better then that!! Just keep her away from my beach's...she has lady luck on her side!

Lucyinthesky

Mar 30, 2015
WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I did'nt think finds of change, beer tops and keys were worth being a member but finding the gold bullion made me reconsider !!! Thanks for all the nice comments peeps.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread