Its not about the silver

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
I have been watching this board for a few years now, and have enjoyed quite a few days of CRH so far. It began for me when I was actually working at a bank and found Treasurenet through friend that got me into metal detecting. Whether your new or have been around this hobby for a while, there is a message I love to share with everyone about CRH every once in a while that keeps me in check.

When it comes to this hobby, if your goal is to get rich fast, find another hobby. If you are looking for a hobby where you are constantly expecting results, find another hobby. The joy of this hobby comes in the ups and downs. It is the down days and weeks that make the up days and weeks that much sweeter. If you found silver every single time, it would probably become illegal eventually. The coolest thing about this hobby for me is the excitement of "what if?". Every time you go into a bank to ask if they have some halves or to pick up your weekly orders, you just get excited about the "what if" factor. It literally is modern day treasure hunting. Its the desire to find treasure, but the reality of knowing sometimes you have to hunt for a while first, and knowing only a rare few every hit the "Mother Load".

If you are having a rough patch or you feel like this hobby is overwhelming you, it is absolutely ok to take a few weeks, or months, off. Remember that moderation is the key to just about everything enjoyable. If you are allowing this hobby to take over more important aspects of your life (Family, Work, Etc...), it is not worth it. The little money that is averagely generated from most that do this hobby is definitely not worth time with your wife or kids.

In short, enjoy the hobby for what it is, a hobby, and not a part-time job. Enjoy the excitement of unwrapping those rolls one at a time. Lastly, when the silver does come, ENJOY IT! :headbang:

HH to all and look forward to reading many more great posts and stories!
JJ

Upvote 0

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes thank you for your service!!! we salute you! And yes it's all about the silver or it soon will be. :thumbsup:

But I do agree with you on the hunt and thrill.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Where as i understand about the political posturing taking away from the enjoyment of this forum , there is no mistaking the ONE and ONLY reason i started looking for silver [and finding this forum]. The choices our goverment has made regarding the economy and the only sane thing [economicly] to do because of it. Aquire gold and silver. It is has and will be about the silver tho i do enjoy the hobby aspect of it immensely.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you said it nicer than I did before my post was removed. I was just saying a hobby is somthing I do at leisure. Coin roll hunting is fun, but I have a sense of urgency while im doing it because of the horizon I see. This moves it out of the hobby cateogory for me, Im doing it for protection.I do it only for 2 reasons, the excitement of the hunt and the silver(protection).

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me personally, CRHing is a great stress relief as my job is very demanding (generally 70-80 hours per week). So, me and Mr. Apush sit back in our screened in patio porch, drink a few beers, laugh and talk, and if we are lucky, find a few silvers.

We do this year round. In the hot summer months, we dip in the pool to keep cool. When I went to the grocery store today, my car read 113 degrees. Damn! It is hot in Texas.

In the fall and winter months, Mr. Apush puts a heater in our screened in porch--the guy just love me! He does my dumps when I need him to--love is a good thing!

LOL & HSH,
apush :read2:

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:
coolpix9 said:
JJ,THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY !

I will second, third, fourth.... that. Good post JJ. Myself, I have always loved coins. Silver is the gravy on top for me.
God bless the USA.
Myself: Coin collector 1st, Precious metals investor 2nd, CRH'er in my spare time 3rd

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Gilmore Happy said:
I guess you said it nicer than I did before my post was removed. I was just saying a hobby is somthing I do at leisure. Coin roll hunting is fun, but I have a sense of urgency while im doing it because of the horizon I see. This moves it out of the hobby cateogory for me, Im doing it for protection.I do it only for 2 reasons, the excitement of the hunt and the silver(protection).

Agreed bigtime.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a coin collector at most, crh'er at second and precious metal collector at third, it's not all about the silver, of course silver is nice though!

50centman

Feb 25, 2008
I am a treasure hunter and it beats working in a mine! The highs are very addictive and the lows are worth waiting for the highs. Patience and unpredictability will will eventually produce a rich vein from the place you would least expect it and that's why this hobby is as fun today as it was years ago. Sure there's a lot less to be found than a few years ago but the mystery is the same and there isn't anywhere else on earth that you can mine for silver from home for free.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread