Its not all about the finds. I only found 3 today. But, Ive rejoined the ranks.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not all about the finds. I only found 3 today. But, I've rejoined the ranks.

The last time I spent a few hours in the water, hunting for treasure, was almost 30 years ago!

Today, thanks to the encouragement from here and from a certain OBN, I spent sometime water hunting.
It was a very long time coming back to something I used to enjoy so much! Today, I've successfully rejoined
the ranks of actual water hunters and not just an old fogey who just talks about the good ole days.

It won't be my main hunting, but boy was that fun!! And now I have this option opened to me again.
Thanks !

Here's the grand total of all my finds today:

2015 (183).jpg

Yep! That's it! Wonderful ain't they? LOL

But, I couldn't be happier!

2015 (184).jpg

Blingie made sure to claim this one and it was tough doing an acid test with
him all wrapped up in it, but I managed. ;)

I know my testing skills aren't as good as someone who knows what they're
doing. It is marked 10k but when I did the acid test it seemed to hold for a fair amount of time.
But, it also seemed to fade after a good while. Either I don't know what I'm doing or maybe this is ever so
slightly less than 10k. Weighed in at 2.9 grams (without Blingie).

In any case! I have rejoined the ranks after many, many years! Could be a decent start, eh? ;) LOL

Upvote 14
OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work! Glad to see you jumped back in!

Lol

Thanks!

It was all in my grand plan. I said I would retire some day and do nothing but TH-ing. :)

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see gold brother!nice

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have submerged mine all the way to arm cuff it will take it.The only issue I had was after 2 yrs the control box connecting points the two screw points, snapped off from the water pressure going back and forth but Garrett is covering it.I think I am going to re enforce by putting a connector to the speaker box kind of like a copper water pipe hanger. Anderson shaft uses that point as a connector for their shaft.

That is welcome information! I know that the ATP is designed to be used UNDER the water, but, when it's your only machine. Well, it gets kinda scary! LOL I'll work up to it and hope that 3 years of land use hasn't loosened anything up! :dontknow:

I understand the pressure of the swing too. Even though I just swung the coil and shaft back and forth. That pressure alone just about wore out my wrist!!

Thanks!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yay Whadi! I like Blingie's "Mr. T Starter Kit." Congrats on the liquid loot. Sub 8-)

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm jumping back in Saturday if your interested buddy, Flying Pxxxxx xxxx....little bit of a walk, but always goodies there....it will have to be fairly early also, LT is after 7am..or I have another spot you know about..FV, tide will be up but it runs shallow most of the time..let , me know...

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sooo.. while you are in the water this summer, can I come up and hit the mansion?

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooo.. while you are in the water this summer, can I come up and hit the mansion?

Everybody simply HAS to have a place they can call "home", You know, that place they can always go to in order to find a bit of peace?
Well, that's the mansion for me. I may share an awful lot with my friends, but, the mansion? That will be "mine" for just as long as they'll
allow me to be there!

I'd strongly suggest that everyone find their own happy place and then hold onto it as long as they can!

:)

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
We will be in the water in Cape Coral Yacht Club, then slide by Lynn Hall, then down to Naples...

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We will be in the water in Cape Coral Yacht Club, then slide by Lynn Hall, then down to Naples...

Bring your antibiotics...raw sewage, red tide, and flesh-eating diseases are all lovely gifts we give to summer tourists.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Bring your antibiotics...raw sewage, red tide, and flesh-eating diseases are all lovely gifts we give to summer tourists
Haha, sounds like the Bay..That's why we wear drygloves and drysuits up here, the lower bay is famous for the flesh eating bacteria. Sad we have to do this to hunt ... I'm Amazing people still swim in the stuff...

CapeTownBeachBum

Sep 21, 2014
Cape Town
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Teknetics G2 Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I cant go more than a few days without the need to get my feet wet ! dirt fishing not my favorite .. give me the clean beach sand any day . nice hunt !

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I know what you mean about water hunting. I really got into it last summer with my new CZ-21 and had a blast. Can't wait to get back out there, but the cold winter still has the water temps way below normal so it'll probably be well into June before I can get wet again. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread