its shallow in them woods

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
well you dont hit it big all the time. when i find 1 dollar in clad i think that was a good and the point it to get out and get some fresh air :D :) you will hit it big someday if you keep trying :thumbsup: I need to hit it big!!! :tongue3:

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't buy my detector with the hopes of "hitting it big", nor, with the expectations of even finding enough to pay for the detecting equipment. I got mine for the fun and exercise (that I so badly need!). But, I do believe you are right.....those who have hit "the big one", probably did so with no expectations at the time. Kinda like my silver and sapphire ring, not a biggie to anyone else, but, it was enormous for me! This is my first detector, I've been at this for about 2 1/2 months, I have over $50 in clad, three silvers (the oldest a '41 Merc) and a big baggie of "stuff." To say I am very pleased would be an understatement.

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stuff is pretty shallow in the wooded areas I hunt too. The most shallow and oldest coin I found in the woods was an 1808 1/2 reale. It was only 2 inches deep! 99% of my hunting is in the woods looking for that old stuff. Love them woods.

-Swartzie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread