Its taken five years but its a beauty!!!!!

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's taken five years but its a beauty!!!!!

Lately I have been hunting an old farmstead that dates back to the 1750s in a really old part of ct. My e-trac has been acting funny lately so I decided to try my luck with my ace 350. which I'm not a fan of at all. I wasn't having any luck with the field so I decided to move into the apple orchard. After four hours of digging up can after can and every shot gun shell in the tri state area. I come across some nice roundness in the hole. After I wiped off the dirt I almost had to pinch my self it was my first ct copper and she was beautiful. The year is 1787. I'm curious though any one know the variety? Thanks for looking. - Justin ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429389788.681256.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429389803.179823.jpg

Upvote 75

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

jhumbert40

Sep 13, 2012
Bayville New Jersey
Detector(s) used
whites m-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1787 COPPER Connecticut Copper, Draped Bust Left XF45, Inked Attributions. Miller 33.29-Z.7, R.6. A late obverse die state with numerous spindly die cracks, as made. Light brown patina with inked attributions in the obverse field. The lower half of the date is off the flan, and the seated effigy's head is typically struck. The reverse has a few pinscratches, but certainly a suitable example of this rarely encountered variety. Very nice piece of history.I see there are many out there.Best thing to do is to have it professionally cleaned and sent out to be graded.Which it will be put in a sealed casing to protect it.Then put it in with you're collection.I wouldn't sell this beautiful piece of history.Great collectors item.So on that note Congrats on the find and cherish it for years to come.

OP
OP
RelicDude

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1787 COPPER Connecticut Copper, Draped Bust Left XF45, Inked Attributions. Miller 33.29-Z.7, R.6. A late obverse die state with numerous spindly die cracks, as made. Light brown patina with inked attributions in the obverse field. The lower half of the date is off the flan, and the seated effigy's head is typically struck. The reverse has a few pinscratches, but certainly a suitable example of this rarely encountered variety. Very nice piece of history.I see there are many out there.Best thing to do is to have it professionally cleaned and sent out to be graded.Which it will be put in a sealed casing to protect it.Then put it in with you're collection.I wouldn't sell this beautiful piece of history.Great collectors item.So on that note Congrats on the find and cherish it for years to come.

Very cool thank you. I have no intentions of selling it. Ill never come across another. What's a good reputable cleaner I could send this out too.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beautiful CT - congrats on the find and the banner! :thumbsup:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on making the BANNER with your 1787 Connecticut Copper! :occasion14:

She is in beautiful condition considering she has been in the ground for almost 228 years! :thumbsup:

Dave

OP
OP
RelicDude

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap that coin got destroyed. I'm not getting anything done to this coin its perfect just the way it is. Thank you for showing this to me it could of been bad.

It's such bad judgement on both ends. Sending in a coin that was as good as it could be, and then someone cleaning it. I do put more blame on the person who ruined it because they should have definitely known better. Your coin is the exact same as the Indian, except for being brown instead of green. There's nowhere to go but down.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just put it in a pvc free holder and enjoy it!

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
The Sunshine State/The Golden State
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad your first CT copper is in good condition! I spent a bit of time, tough one (most 1787's are) I have not double checked my work, leaving for a bit, but my initial somewhat intelligent quick guess is 1787 Miller 33.29-Z.7. I have not verified it myself, but will later if no one else chimes in on an variety ID. 1787 Connecticut Copper - Miller 33.29-Z.7
I posted mine 6 months ago,but wasn't able to get any help with the id,since mine is this variety,i can now marked that coin as ID'd,thanks don for the attribution....that total pop just increased by 2

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Thats a beauty for sure. Congrats on the Banner. I best go detecting now and stop digging privies! jgas

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Congrats Congrats !!!
Amazing coin!

OP