Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The local yahoos are outside shooting a 12 gauge WAY too close to the house. I went to the front window and could hear some shot zipping through the tree right above my head.

So I called 911. I'm going to call the DNR, I kinda think sort of it's poachers. JUST before dark. This was tonight.

They better not have hit my car! It was right under the tree.

Some people just shouldn't reproduce.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get out there and start honking your horn.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Get out there in tan coveralls with a white hanky hanging out the back pocket, make hand antlers on your head, and do some buck snorts.

Don't worry they will know antlers without velvet is not in season.

:P

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where I live you can't shoot a shotgun or bow within 100 yds. of a dwelling. It's 300 yds. for a rifle or shotgun slug. Sometimes that don't seem like enough. Gary

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ToddsPoint, there are rules like that here also. I'm going outside in a few minutes to inspect the cars to see if they were hit. THEN I'm calling the DNR (Natural Resources) and see if they'll put a sting operation out here. I think it's poachers. I MIGHT move my trail camera over that side the property too.

If the car(s) were hit, smoke will come out of everyone's computer who is reading this. It will be left overs from whats coming out of my ears.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a good idea to return fire. UNLESS you know they are shooting at you. Found out who did it. Film at 11.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two sets of folks. One set was confronted (by another neighbor). The other unknowns will need a setup to get them. DNR will do that.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with the yahoos. The cats are strictly indoors?

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh dem thar country bumpkins! I may be considered one myself, but that's pure stupidity! I have a ton of them around where I live who have done things like that, and probably will do things like that again.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Smokey, that wasn't.........the Darlin's was it? Had they crossed over the Robert E. Lee natural bridge with their shotguns? I reckon every neighborhood unfortunately has some nuts running about. We live in a subdivision, one street 1 mile off the main road to the cul Dr sac. We live just short of the cup Dr sac. We have a very young couple of Darlins who live just off the cul rd sac that enjoys riding their 4 wheelers up and down the street occasionally at 12:00 at night. There is some strange goings on at times at the Darlin compound at all hours. We know what this usually means. Andy and Barney have been called to the compound a time of two. I hope you can get these knuckleheads with weapons taken care of before someone is hurt or their property damaged. Grown adults should know better but some elevators stop short of the top floor. Some of these mugs ought to be put on posters in support of Planned Parenting.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Smokey, that wasn't.........the Darlin's was it? Had they crossed over the Robert E. Lee natural bridge with their shotguns? I reckon every neighborhood unfortunately has some nuts running about. We live in a subdivision, one street 1 mile off the main road to the cul Dr sac. We live just short of the cup Dr sac. We have a very young couple of Darlins who live just off the cul rd sac that enjoys riding their 4 wheelers up and down the street occasionally at 12:00 at night. There is some strange goings on at times at the Darlin compound at all hours. We know what this usually means. Andy and Barney have been called to the compound a time of two. I hope you can get these knuckleheads with weapons taken care of before someone is hurt or their property damaged. Grown adults should know better but some elevators stop short of the top floor. Some of these mugs ought to be put on posters in support of Planned Parenting.

I can hear them Darlin' Boys playin' Dooley

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I kid that our neighborhood watch is through crosshairs. All of our neighbors are shooters, most are hunters. But we have 20 acres and others have that or much more and it's almost all wooded except for yards.

Some years ago we had friends over and were sitting on the back deck. There are a pair of maple trees right beside the deck. We heard a W-z-z-z-z-z-z! . . . followed by a distant "Boom" as a bullet passed through the leaves just over our heads from a direction where the nearest houses are over a mile away . . . so we moved the party indoors.

Somebody with four legs has been picking off our chickens and there will be a shot or several when we finally meet and greet each other. Day or night. All just part of the fun of living just west of East Bugnut.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where is redjamescash when you need him?
He would handle them yahoos for ya

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magalodon, the cats are inside. I called the DNR and they said (almost) "go fish!" They can't or won't do anything.

Walmart does not sell howitzers (just kidding). It's too dangerous to go outside with bullets whizzing overhead.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If close enough to be dangerous, you could try your local police or state police. I only call the state police because in my county, the local cops are just a security force for a big polluter (I've been stopped and harassed by the local cops twice for having a bumper sticker on my truck opposing the LNG refinery in my old neighborhood).

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest: