Ive decided...

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
........That I like coin more than paper. Seriously, I would love it if they brought back large denomination coin. 20, 50 , 100 dollar coins.. Like the old days.. That would be cool! Ok, ill admit i dont think they every had 50 or 100 coin i dont even know, but it would still be cool and a heck of a lot better than crappy paper.....what do you think?

Upvote 0

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally agree. Coins tell history, they last longer, and are nicer to handle. Agreed 100%.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
only bad thing is if you had to carry around a housepayment or wanted to buy a car, unless they make the high end coins out of gold, that is going to be a serious amount of change, ie weight, in your pockets. ya'd need 3 belts and a pair of suspenders to keep your britches up.

Hugs and smiles,
Garoulady

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
only bad thing is if you had to carry around a housepayment or wanted to buy a car, unless they make the high end coins out of gold, that is going to be a serious amount of change, ie weight, in your pockets. ya'd need 3 belts and a pair of suspenders to keep your britches up.

Hugs and smiles,
Garoulady
Time to buy a briefcase! I don't think the bank would like me smacking that down on the desk though ;)
Happy hunting!

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hugs and smiles,
Garoulady
Very true GarouLady, but imagine what a $20 gold piece was worth back when they minted them, probobly equal to $2,000 today, more or less.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hugs and smiles,
Garoulady
LMAO!!!!! Who in the hell carry that kind of cash(besides drug dealers) or pays there mortgage in cash? Normal people carry a couple bucks(less then a hundred) in cash and use debit/credit cards to pay for everyday items. or in case like a mortgage they have these things called checks that work pretty well. Im sure there are some applications where paper would be best but for the most part it isnt necessary. imo

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy said:
........That I like coin more than paper. Seriously, I would love it if they brought back large denomination coin. 20, 50 , 100 dollar coins.. Like the old days.. That would be cool! Ok, ill admit i dont think they every had 50 or 100 coin i dont even know, but it would still be cool and a heck of a lot better than crappy paper.....what do you think?

Well you can live the dream bro!

image-79569992.jpg

All you got to do is move to mexico ;)

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I would encourage you, Easy, to practice this endorsement by utilizing the shunned dollar coin as much as reasonably possible. It doesn't have to be Presidential dollars. They can be Native American, SBA, Sacs - whichever.

By the way, I've paid every cent of my mortgage in coin - $90k+.

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to agree,coins are generally still fit for circulation after 15-20 years,vs paper notes which become unfit as short as a year,i generally will support which ever the Federal Reserve seems fit but personally i would suggest a complete withdrawal of $1 notes from circulation and replaced with the $1,300,000,000 dollar coins currently being stored in Federal Reserve vaults.

Ah cmon ol' Benny.
We all know you aren't gonna take the singles out of circulation before you add in the coins.
More money = better economy... AMIRITE?!

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Easy said:
LMAO!!!!! Who in the hell carry that kind of cash(besides drug dealers) or pays there mortgage in cash? Normal people carry a couple bucks(less then a hundred) in cash and use debit/credit cards to pay for everyday items. or in case like a mortgage they have these things called checks that work pretty well. Im sure there are some applications where paper would be best but for the most part it isnt necessary. imo

Crh carry that kind of cash.

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins would awesome...a bulging money sack would feel comfortable dangling from my belt. Sadly though, in a day and age when it is becoming less and less cost-effective to even print paper money I don't foresee a return to metals. I dread the arrival of a digital monetary system...

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kevinbomb123 said:
I
$1,300,000,000 .

1.3 b? I'm disappointed in you Ben. That's it? I as hoping you minted at least a T of those poorly made, poorly thought out , worthless coins.....
DARN! Oh we'll ......

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mercury1 said:
Crh carry that kind of cash.

Not always........ Besides if there was a 1000.00 denomination coin, I could CRH with those...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
largest US coin I'm aware of was $50.00

url.jpeg urlq.jpeg

I personally wouldn't want to lug around $1.00, $2.00, $5.00, $10.00 & $20.00 coins
on a regular bases I'd be forced to use my Debit card for everything over the small change in my pocket.
or car ash tray, even more then I do now.

Would of course be Cool if The $20.00 coins are the size & Color of Lincoln cents
& People were dropping them left & Right for me to Metal detect :laughing7:

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
largest US coin I'm aware of was $50.00

View attachment 689056 View attachment 689057

I personally wouldn't want to lug around $1.00, $2.00, $5.00, $10.00 & $20.00 coins
on a regular bases I'd be forced to use my Debit card for everything over the small change in my pocket.
or car ash tray, even more then I do now.

Would of course be Cool if The $20.00 coins are the size & Color of Lincoln cents
& People were dropping them left & Right for me to Metal detect :laughing7:

Lol, that coin is sweet. Personally I use my cash reward credit card for everything from .99 cent tacos at Jack in the box to jewelry. Never pay one red cent in interest and I get about 500 bucks back a year as a "reward"... Bring on the 50 dollar coins!!!!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then EVERYONE can look gangsta with their pants down around their knees. Coins weigh an awful lot.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't the American Eagle Gold coins have a FV of $50?

Yes But even though they are labeled as Legal tender you cannot take one to the bank & get $50.00 for one.
Not that it would be a Bright thing to do, they are not produced for circulation

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread