Ive got a question for all of you (us)...

Maryland Searcher

Mar 4, 2007
Maryland, Pennsylvania line
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (New model)
Has anyone here who has metal detected for more than, oh lets say FIVE MINUTES NOT dug up one of those "Heads I win, Tails you lose" novelty coins!

I went to an old homestead last night (with permission of course) and I found lots of nails and nothing else. On the way back to the truck I had a strong dollar signal at zero depth. At first I thought I struck silver, then thought clad, then realized it was the revered novelty flip coin.

Sorry no picture, but I had to ask. It seems EVERYONE at some point in their MDing carrer has pulled one of these from the ground!

Hey Nashoba, it seems there is a surplus of them here. Ill package some up and have the plane scatter them so all can have the thrill (heh heh) of finding them.

Upvote 0

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Maybe it is an east coast thing? I have never found one here in the Pacific Northwest.
~Nash~

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Those and Chuckie Cheeze tokens. ;D

Maybe next time you'll get the signal and it will be the silver dollar and not a token, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naw..I ain't found one of them yet... :D

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I have, its posted on a thread about them here somewhere- I guess there are several different styles. Someone told me they are still in use up in Portland, so you should find one eventually Nashoba ;D

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
I regret to inform you that this unhappy circumstance has not befallen me.........yet...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one.But regular gaming tokens has it beat by a longshot,you know the ones that say "no cash value" or "good for one play".

OP
OP
Maryland Searcher

Maryland Searcher

Mar 4, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (New model)
I thought maybe it was an initiation of some sorts into the metal detecting fraternity. Everyone I have talked to just about and a lot of people in the posts that I have read seem to have found one. I know I didnt need to find one to be welcome here, but I figured since I found something everyone else just about has it kind of sinched the deal!

Now Ive got an injun, clad AND a novelty coin! Im starting to feel more accomplished than before.

I definitely have the bug for MDing. It just makes me want to find more. Even if its not better than the last!!! Just more!! ;D 8)

OP
OP
Maryland Searcher

Maryland Searcher

Mar 4, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (New model)
I guess I should have actually started a poll instead of just a question. So far by my calculations (not very good with math except change!) tally to about 50%.

Oh well, as with anything else its a matter of finding what others have lost or tossed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread